Digimon Adventure Movie: Last Evolution Kizuna - Reviews

LuckyLuchia's avatar
Sep 5, 2020

If you're a Digimon fan and enthusiast, you might really enjoy the Digimon Adventure Movie: Last Evolution Kizuna. Fans can witness their favorite Degidestined grow up and mature.

But I recommend watching this movie after watching the first 2 seasons of Digimon Adventure just to get background information on the characters. This is a movie for a TV series, and not a stand alone movie.

Story & Characters: (8/10)

As always, Digimon introduces a new action packed adaption with a whirlwind full of fighting scenes, and drama. But this movie also reminded me of real life. It reminded me of the feelings of clinging on to past memories, and wanting to return to the happier days. All the original Degidestined from the first 2 seasons are back including the two male leads: the blonde Yamato, and the soccer-loving Taichi. It's a sequel and lets us witness what goes on to the Digidestined's lives. So long time fans can reminisce the characters they watch from their childhood or schooling days. These characters have matured, and really grown up.

Animation (6/10)

I tend to be nit picky about animation if it's not very detailed with lighting (such as the shading for the hair). The hair is mainly one color. If you prefer simplistic looking animation, the art work for the characters look like a typical shounen anime. But the background art looks amazing. The scenery is very detailed, and refershing.