Detective Conan Movie 15: Quarter of Silence - Reviews

Alt title: Meitantei Conan Movie 15: Chinmoku no Quarter

Lukeh34's avatar
Sep 12, 2021

Quarter of Silence has probably been my least favorite DC movie. The movie-only characters were more memorable than your typical filler line-up, but they were all pretty easy to read. Most of the movie was spent establishing location and character relationships which just made the movie drag a lot. I think the very end is worth watching for some sick snowboarding moves from Conan, but the rest of the plot does get a little forgettable. Definitely not a must-watch for the franchise. Would not recommend for people new to DC, though you don't need to know too much about any of the characters coming in.

This part is for Detective Conan fans: This movie didn't do any characters dirty, but it also didn't do any of them any favors. The Ran/Shinichi moments are kinda lame except for looking at the lights on the trees. Her thinking Shinichi was in that winter village was also pretty forced. The Detective Boys were just up to their normal antics too. I'm always excited to see all these characters in the DC movies, but this movie really felt boring and more like a filler episode to me (not a good thing lol).

myhorseGeni's avatar
Nov 10, 2011

Awesome movie! I love Detective Conan!! Can't wait till the next one!

Warning Spoilers

I liked how when he was traped by the snow it seemed like he was going to die, and then when Ran thought to call him, and they found just the phone, it really had me worried for a minute, even though I knew they would find him.