Detective Conan Movie 14: The Lost Ship in the Sky - Reviews

Alt title: Meitantei Conan: Tenkuu no Lost Ship

Lukeh34's avatar
Sep 12, 2021

The Lost Ship in the Sky was action-packed and suspenseful the entire way through! When the movie started, I was overwhelmed by how many different plots they had running simultaneously. Not only is this movie a Kaito Kid heist movie but also a bioterrorist thriller! Besides that, the inner workings of all the police forces, Conan, Heiji, Kaito Kid, and so much more made the movie seem intimidating. The writing actually made everything flow super well together! The climactic "whale" moment was so epic and was completely unexpected.  Simply an amazing movie! If you're new to the DC franchise, do NOT start with this movie. It is so much more enjoyable if you already know all the characters and their relationships

This part is for Detective Conan fans: This may be Kaito Kid's best appearance I've seen in any DC content to date. The way he and Conan work together, his subplot with Ran, and every intricacy of his character are so perfectly put together. Ran also does a great job in this movie, and I love how she realized Kid was not Shinichi in the end. There's also a little bit of a Conan x Haibara moment that I liked in this movie. I also just love the bromance between Heiji and Conan/Shinichi. Heiji would literally do ANYTHING for him and I love it!

wolf4537's avatar
Mar 10, 2016

10 on this movie all the way!!!! This to me is hands down the best Detective Conan movie out of all of them, based on how well the storyline is portrayed itself. :)

N3XTGeN's avatar
Feb 5, 2015

This is a pretty good movie, i am a pretty big detective conan fan, i definently reccommend this movie .