Dagashi Kashi 2 - Reviews

jaris443's avatar
Apr 1, 2018

I believe the second season has learnt a little from the last and tried to improve by making the episodes shorter. This makes each episode snappier and a little more fast paced than the last. As the anime fit better this way. However I think it's also a negative point as in the first season there was little to no character or story development. Now with it being shorter its like there isnt a chance of development with the way the stories play out each one just has a little story but nothing happens after it like the episodes could go in any order and you wouldnt know. And each time the story feels cut short, it's like it could have gone on for a little longer but it got cut off. Also moving on, the long episodes in season 1 could feel a little lacking or boring at times with long drawn out scenes but the characters really kept the story going and kept you hooked because of there personality were so new (Mainly hotaru). Then towards the end of season 1 you know about as much as you knew about them at the start, so when hotaru leaves for good as you see in season 2 you are like "what?". Then with the intriguing character gone the show feels a little stale. Although i have said alot of negative things about the show I have still highly rated it as I still think it's a great show. On a side note can some freaking romance or something happen I don't care if it's saya or hotaru either one is fine it's killing me!

Crua9's avatar
Mar 30, 2019

So unlike the first season, it wasn't a big ad for a bunch of food products and that's a plus. But the crazy girl stays gone until the last 2 ep. Also, unlike the first season they cut down the ep length to almost half.

They kept up the will they won't they be together even to the very end. So that never paid off.

And what makes this worst, I think the manga stopped and there isn't going to be a season 3.

To be honest, I don't think the entire show is worth watching. Everything started opened ended with relationships, what the kid will do, and so on. And it ended 100% the same.

Assuming they make a season 3, and they actually answer some questions instead of adding more. At that point I think it's obviously worth a watch. But we will see if and when season 3 comes out.

I'm not sure how good the following site is at staying up to date. But I found a site that emails you if there is a change https://anime.date/anime/3923-dagashi-kashi.html

ACrankyOldMan's avatar
Nov 25, 2018

The episodes are shorter while trying to get more out of the characters campared to last season. They've slowly been changing the formula of the show, putting less focus on the candy and more on the character development. I feel they overadjusted a little too much from last season. They try to set up skits but before you can blink it is already over and they've moved on to the next skit.

Something that I didn't quite understand with the shows new direction is that they wanted Hotaru to have a much higher sexual appeal to then take her out for most of the season.

She does get replaced by Hajima but it's kinda weird when you take the face of your show out and try to rebrand it with a new face. Hajima is cool though, I think she works quite well with the rest of the cast but it does feel like you're watching a different show with a different concept.

So I have mixed feelings about this season. I still really like the artstyle, I like Hajima, I do miss Hotaru and I'm still confused about the change in story.

ashskullz's avatar
Mar 30, 2024

as big fan of this series i love what they done with this arc.
they delete all comedy content from the manga and make minor changes, and what we see now is masterpiece.

Sounds
the ost in this anime is Fire ,and this arc no doubt is fantastic I LOVE IT.

art
this anime is always known of wonderful animation back days, this arc is worth the wait
this gorgeous animation is in next level.

characters
at this point we all know all the old characters and how great they are.
for the new enmy so far they only 5 eps we can't talk too much here.
but for what we see is well done characters.

story
with 4 to 6 chapters adapt per episode and what we see until now make the story phenomenal.

overall 10/10
Reviewer’s Rating: 10

Ryukami's avatar
Apr 7, 2018

More 'Dagashi' goodness and more interesting characters :)

Hotaru leaves town, Kokonotsu is depressed, but never fear he get's himself together!

A convenience store sets up across the river, will the competition bring ruin to Shikada Dagashi?

Kokonotsu hires a part-timer called Hajime Owari, a new Best Girl to add to a cast already brimming with Best Girls.

Making the run time shorter was the right decision, I wouldn't mind longer episodes, but the show works better in this shorter lenght.

Story is good, Kokonotsu becoming more serious about running Shikada Dagashi, but forgetting to draw manga in the process.

Great animation, especially wonderful face and eye design.

Sound's great, very energetic.

The character are still the driving force of Dagashi Kashi and the new additions to the cast are amazeballs.