Close the Last Door! - Reviews

Alt title: Saigo no Door wo Shimero!

osangwoosashes's avatar
May 19, 2018

When I first got into BL anime, Close The Last Door! was most likely one of the first animes I got into. The 2006 OVA follows the plot of a man named Nagai who was overly jealous over his best friend's (Saitou) new wife. But then, when he has lost all hope on his love towards Saitou, he meets a rather hot looking guest after the wedding. Nagai starts to question if he has feelings towards Honda after he took care of him when he got drunk, but a conflict occurs when Saitou's wife runs off with a mystery man and he starts to hit on Nagai. During the first episode, the plot was VERY easy to follow, and the descriptions and back-stories of the characters are shown throughout the series. The animation may not be as innovative and detailed as today's animes, but the descriptive and entertaining plot of the anime makes up for the animation. Overall, I would rate this anime/OVA a 9.9 out of 10, and would totally recommend Close the Last Door! to anyone who is intrigued by conflict, yaoi/shounen-ai, and romance.

9.8/10 story
7.8/10 animation
9.9/10 overall
tetsuuki's avatar
Jul 24, 2020

This was ok, for a BL anime I didn't expect much. Some BL anime just have no plot and have alot of smut in it. I didn't mind this because there was less interaction with the male leads, and it had abit of a plot that it followed.

6.6/10 story