Clean Freak! Aoyama-kun - Reviews

Alt title: Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun

closetanimefan's avatar
Aug 20, 2017

This anime is not finished (only at episode 7 while I'm writing this), so this review is not complete. Honestly, the only reason I'm writing a review at this time is that I feel the need to warn people that THIS IS NOT A SPOTS ANIME. Don't let the tag fool you, it has none of the team building or long practice sessions or games that are typical of the sports genre. At its heart, IT'S A COMEDY with a school and soccer club setting. The team and the sport itself are used as a vehicle to express the comedy of the characters. Now don't get me wrong, I love it. I think the main character is adorable and the jokes hit home for me. If you think an anime with an extreme germaphobe as the main character sounds like it has the potential to be funny then check it out, but if you are looking for a hardcore soccer anime than continue your search because you won't find it here.

Spiderus's avatar
Sep 30, 2020

The challenges of a whimsical, germaphobic soccer player. Even the soccer gods favor Cleanliness Boy- I mean Aoyama-kun.

Obviously from the title you can tell this ain't any average sports anime. Each episode highlights Aoyama being flamboyantly perfect and cool, or dives into the minds of any of the other side characters. Half his teammates provide you with slapstick comedy, and the others have a bit more angst and passion. Really only Aoyama holds their team's rank together - but ironically the soccer playing, winning and losing, isn't the point of this series. This is a show that centers on its cast, character interactions, and simply keeping tabs on the goofballs in and around the soccer club. You really just sit there and enjoy the fun they're having, it's all lighthearted and only gets serious when it needs to be.

This was just the right amount of stupid and amazing, worth your 400 minutes. If sports isn't your jazz, I'd still give this a go as that aspect isn't the plot's focus! ...Would have been perfect if Akira hadn't busted out his abs whenever he got 3 seconds of screentime.

Archert's avatar
Jan 30, 2020

Un gran y sonoro 'Meh'.

La serie es muy mediocre. Los primeros capítulos tiene su gracia por el tok del chaval pero a medida que van pasando los capítulos se hace aburrida. El futbol es totalmente irrelevante, puedes mandar el mismo mensaje y hacer exactamente la misma serie sin utilizar el futbol como argumento "principal".

No salgo contento tras ver esta serie, pero bueno, hay una amplia cartelera.

(La nota general baja debido a su entretenimiento).

LeenPhoenixRae's avatar
Oct 19, 2021

The story was somewhat original, even though some scenes were predictable.

In the end Aoyama remained a complete mystery not just to his teammates but to me as well; we didn't really learn much about him or his background aside from the obvious fact that he was a huge germaphobe and a fantastic cook.

It was an enjoyable series to watch (I binged it in one sitting), but it would've been nicer if they expanded on some of the other minor characters's background a bit, and maybe sprinkle some more insight on Aoyama's character.

7.5/10 characters
Hadeazy's avatar
Aug 17, 2021

an MC everyone will love with funny characters all around him