Cinderella Nine - Reviews

Alt title: Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine

randdand's avatar
Sep 30, 2019

This was a very fun show to watch from beginning to end. I don't have a lot of experience watching anime, so I can't really compare it to many other series, but I do have a lot of experience playing baseball (which is why I chose to watch this in the first place) and I want to say I was pleasently surprised with the baseball portions of the show. I wasn't expecting them to adapt baseball as well as they did, they showed realistic practice methods, and although some of the improvements may have been a tad too fast, it wasn't wholly unbelievable. As far as the characters, I really loved all of them, and I thought the team dynamic was outstanding. The way the relationships grew throughout the story was a lot of fun, and the way the girls treated each other was one of the many highlights. The only complaint is I wish there were more episodes, because I would have loved to see more of everyone. A few of the many aspects I really appreciated were Tsubasa's incredible attitude, Ukita gaining confidence throughout the season, and the team's involved learning that friendship was actually a benefit and not a detriment on the diamond (which I wholly agree with).

I am very surprised by the other ratings, but if you love baseball I would suggest watching this, because it was fun, exciting, adorable, etc. Based on how it ended, I don't really see a season 2 as likely, but I would really enjoy watching a season 2 if it were ever produced.

QuinnCrowshaw's avatar
Jun 21, 2020

Nice Relaxing Anime. However, the characters don't have much character.