Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren

Alt title: Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! - Heart Throb -

Add review
AngelBeatsYui's avatar
Jul 8, 2014

Warning this review may contain spoilers-

So this review is for the second series of Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!, I know it is a bit weird for me to do a second series review before the first but this is just me being akward, a small talent of mine. So lets start this, the storyline was detailed but still was light and a bit of fun in a way, there were clear emotional moments which were developed over this series as well as Rikka's and Yuuta's relationship. However these emotional moments were small but still had quite heartwarming moments. To me the style of animation is perfect there was nothing wrong with the character design or the scenery, the detail was amazing.

The music was quite good both the opening and ending were quite catching however not as catchy as the first series. The voice actors were great and they did their job well representing each character >_< Even though there was story development the characters are still left as they finished in the last series except with the new characters. I like how they kept their personalities though, from start to finish each character was different and this to me was really good.

Overall I gave it quite a good score due to the reasons mentioned. If you haven't watched this anime, you should but of course start with the first series.

~AngelBeatsYui~

TheNextrumProject's avatar
May 21, 2014

Spoilers (Duh)

Historia

Y haciendo de cuenta que la primera temporada nunca paso, seguimos con las estupideces de chicas moe random. Ahora Rikka de enfrenta a una amiga de la infancia de Yuuta para que no se lo vuelen. Igual que en la primera temporada, NO PASA ABSOLUTAMENTE NADA, en los primero 9-10 capítulos, y en los últimos 2-3 encontramos algo de material, aunque no tan rico como el de la primera temporada. Temas que ya he visto muchas veces, el Chunnibyou evita que estas niñas crezcan, muy diferente a la primera temporada donde esto mismo les servía para enfrentar la realidad, y esto hace que pierda su encanto, convirtiendo esto de chicas moe, a chicas moe sin sentido de ser

Personajes

Todo el progreso que Rikka había hecho en la primera temporada, VALIO UN CARAJO. Yo entiendo que su síndrome le da el toque especial a la serie, pero donde dejaron la temporada anterior, no debía seguir igual, pero bueno, ya esperaba algo así. El resto de los personajes no hace ni madres, si rifo la competencia de siestas con Kumin, pero de ahí en fuera no hay más que decir. Estuve a punto de simpatizar con Shichimiya (o como se llame), pero le falto mas backstory para que de verdad me importara.

Final

Ni siquiera es un final, como toda buena comedia romántica, dejaron un final abierto para hacer otras 5819 temporadas y vender cuanto quieran. LOS TIPOS NI SIQUIERA SE BESARON MALDICION.

Producción

• Animación: Kyoto Animation (Duh)
  • OST: Algunas de las rolas en las escenas de batalla son muy buenas, me recordaron mucho al OST de Madoka Magica
  • Openings y endings: No son extraordinarios, pero si me latieron ambos, vale la pena oírlos, además, la animación del ending es uno de los mejores fan service de la serie.

Veredicto

No esperaba mucho, temía que me pasara como en Infinite Stratos, me gusto tanto que la segunda temporada me dio asco. Es entretenida y ahora, aunque lo hicieron de manera involuntaria en la primera, no me dejo ningún mensaje memorable. Admito que de verdad quisiera una novia tan LOCA DE ATAR como Rikka, pero aparte de eso, no aporta nada.

kokiricubone's avatar
Aug 28, 2014

So let me say even though I am a Libra/Virgo I am not a sucker for romance, but this anime is just to STRONG!

Im not going to spoil anything but this anime is very "cute" (it kills my masculinity to say that) and you will defend it if any one dare slander it. The story follows chuunibyou which is slang in japanese for 8th grader syndrome, The main charcter being Yuuta who has recently overcome his Chuunibyou and looking forward  to start his highschool life afresh.

spoilers for season 1

At the end of Season 1 Yuuta and Rikka start going out and slowly progress there relationship throughout the whole of season 2 this is where the show hit me in the feels all the unanswered questions are answered and step by step the charcacters develop as well as there relationships.

I will warn you there are a lot of face-palm moments!

Stormbrook's avatar
Mar 11, 2016

I dropped Chuunibyou for a lot of reasons. Chuunibyou doesn't carry the same amount of weight as the first season. The second season I really wanted to love but the story just isn't as funny or relatable because there's a change of focus from a couple to a group of people. Inevitably it's done somewhat awkwardly.

The charm of the first season was the hilariousness the slapstick, the gimmicks...So reiterating what I stated the show isn't as funny as the first one. I was very disappointed because I hoped for another season of some similar things plus a new character.

WolfAngelus's avatar
May 8, 2017

This is an improvement over the first season by a noticeable amount, not life-altering though. Basically, this is leaning more towards what you expected in season 1. The romance aspect is a lot more present, and the driving force behind a fair amount of screen-time, in one form or another. Every component has improved, from characters, to storyline. The stronger focus on the romance concept fits well, there is one new character tossed into the lober mix to make things interesting. On top of that, they clearly gave Kumi more of an identity in a cute way.

The ending might frustrate some, but it does fit the characters. The exagerated combat scenes are better done and have a bit more flash. The roleplay is more balanced this season, so it does not overpower a sense of reality. All this is great, but at times it still felt boring and a bit of a chore to watch. Nontheless, Rikka is a pretty interesting character, and with some reasonable likeable supporting character, makes the watch interesting, not the best, but decent. Other than that, there isn't much to say, the formula is the same as the first season, just better.

If you liked Season 1, this season is better. If you didn't like Season 1 that much, give this season a try anyway, as you may find it more interesting and what you hoped for.

Review of Season 1 ; Scored 5.5