Cells at Work!! - Reviews

Alt title: Hataraku Saibou!!

MorikoKimura's avatar
Mar 29, 2021

If you liked season 1 of Cells at Work, then season 2 is much the same.  The Platelets are cute, the White Blood Cells are bloodthirsty, and Red Blood Cell does her very best.  This season focused more on White Blood Cell and there are a few good antics involving him and his co-workers, but nothing that really stands out to me, and because this season is so short, it doesn't have quite the same emotional pull as parts of the first season did.  Overall, it's decent edutainment.

trashcan007's avatar
Nov 3, 2023

Pleasantly surprised by how good this anime was. It is essentially a much better version of the movie: "Osmosis Jones."

***Full disclosure, I did read the manga, but I’m basing this review on just the anime***

The characters play off of each other well and have their quirks that make you laugh and keep watching. The plot is episodical, which I normally don’t like, but it is interesting, fun, and occasionally action-packed. Enough to keep you watching.

The action is graphic but funny. It actually reminds me of the amount/level of action and humor in the anime: Spy x Family.

The red blood cell was not as active in this addition to the anime, but she was still active enough. It did become a little repetitive at some points: introducing a character early on who will save the day against a new threat. However, that didn’t spoil it for me.

There were some unrealistic occurrences, like leeway of certain cells and the abnormal flow of cells, but it was part of the fantasy aspect of it.

Educational- as far as the definitions. Unique and very thematic. A solid 8/10.

Jessiohhh's avatar
Sep 28, 2021

Super fun and creative anime looking at the inner workings of the body. Very informative and endearing.

eprox's avatar
Mar 6, 2024

After watching the two seasons, here is my opinion: This anime was so good despite the idea of cancer cell appearing twice.