Cat Shit One

Add review
AnarchicQ's avatar
Jul 20, 2010

I've been waiting for this anime ever since I saw the trailer. The trailer actually made me hunt for the manga which I eventually dropped.

After about 10 minutes into this 22 minute war story I actually found myself forgetting that they were bunnies and that this was CGI, the characters or story pulled me in so thoroughly.

The CGI was amazing, one of the best I had ever seen, the only time I found it a little imperfect was after an explosion and little pebbles didn't really have any definition, they were almost flat, or cell shaded. The characters were bright eyed and bushy tailed, with perfect movements that I often found myself wondering "How did they do that?", something that I always want to ask myself when watching a feast for the eyes movie. I hate that the easy answer has become "computers". Did they mo-cap it? They couldn't have, could they?

The sound was good, with sufficient voice acting and little nuanced sound effects like bullets, debris, and the gear on their bodies adding to the realism.

Unfortunately it felt a little redundant in the middle because of the opening sequence in the beginning, which were scenes from later in the movie, plus there was a little "enjoy the show" at the beginning so the actual content felt only about 15 minutes long.

Over all if you want something good to look at that won't take a lot of your time, or if you're a war buff, I definitely rec this anime to you.

Meekish's avatar
Nov 1, 2013

I watched this with a group of people (my anime club).

Was strollin' through the lists of random animes... the name "Cat Shit One" caught our attention.

I have no idea why this exists... or how it counts as anime for that matter.

But it was fucking magnificent. Loved every second of it. I can't even explain why. Just grab a friend, sit down, and watch this.

You wont be dissapointed.

(their little fluffy feet were so cute omg *-*)