Bottom-tier Character Tomozaki - Reviews

Alt title: Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun

Gozza's avatar
Mar 26, 2021

One socially awkward teenager, who has spent some time learning how to blend in with the 'normal crowd', takes it upon herself to teach another socially awkward teenager, who she can't beat in a video game, how to blend in with other teenagers. One problem though, the social awkward boy starts to realize that the social awkward girl, that's trying to teach him how to blend in, only does it to get by and doesn't really know how to enjoy herself or really commit to something.

The show is really nothing more but a bunch of teenagers with flaws, understanding their own flaws and just be a bit more honest with each other.

The show has been hyped as the next coming of Christ in the romcom genre, but the general concept just seems very similar to My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU which I felt did a much better job in exploring the 'socially awkward teenager trying to make it work' topic.

Something about all these characters was supposed to scream fun but all of them just feel like they don't even want to be in the anime.

The art has moments where it looks clean, but then there are plenty of moments where it also felt like you were watching somebody play a light novel game. Everything about it just feels average.

mimipianisimo's avatar
Mar 10, 2021

The first episode is overly dramatic and honestly cringy as hell given the subject matter. I think it was a mistake for it to take itself that seriously. But after that it does get better and it has a few laughs. It's not amazing but still a pretty alright watch. I relate to the main character's social awkwardness a bit so its cool seeing him work on it. Also cool seeing his and others social behaviors being broken down.

valfontaine's avatar
Mar 26, 2021

When I first found this show, I didn't expect to enjoy it that much, but it seemed interesting enough. The characters were all likable, even if they didn't have much depth or development from how I saw it. It was fun to watch Tomozaki struggle and improve slowly as he went! The opening was pretty fun and the animation was good. I don't have any complaints or many things that really stood out to me as fantastic, so I don't have much to say about this anime. It's good. Some of the episodes (don't ask me which ones, I am so bad at remembering which episodes were which) were captivating and really drew you in and the rest was just good. I'm glad I decided to give it a chance, it was worth the time and I looked forward to watching it each week.

Rimerida's avatar
Mar 27, 2021

i really like this anime especially the eps 12

in me this anime really help me because me too i awkward around ppl

and how kikuchi tell fumiya about how she look at monocrome colorless world i think i can relate to that

and how hinami tell about there no such think like want or not want in life that true too if u an aldult strugling in social world and propesional world

and how fumiya convince hinami, i think i can learn that negotiation skill to talk with my boss lol

the plot and the character really good in click with the concept of the story, but i dont like the character mimimi and her best friend *forgot the name becuase i too bored with character like that and with high pitched voice too is some time anoy u when u listen with headset when the audio swicth from fumiya's low pitched voice to mimimi voice :'

but overall this good story some of the plot of dialog really realistic, if u blind to the good environment and good ppl in the anime who u rarely see in ur real life but then again it is fiction work dont expect to much about the story must 100% realistic

but u know when u watch story about something can relate with ur life it make u happy to know that someone somewhere struglling with same issues, that make u a life and feel u not alone and i happy i watch this and i want watch more anime like this in future :)

this anime too make my life colorfull even for a moment

YaBoyUneven's avatar
Mar 28, 2021

This series is really underrated I think. It's production or plot wasn't the best but it was really interesting and entertaining. I really look forward to season 2! I believe this could turn out to be like Monogatari i a sense. You either like it or not. And I've heard the manga is really good so I really have faith in this anime. I really recommend it.

6.7/10 overall