BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense. - Reviews

Alt title: Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu.

JadonKun's avatar
May 9, 2020

Don't watch it, instead watch something else. Just copy few things from SAO and Rising of the shield hero and serve that with a different wrapping, thats what it really is. Complete waste of time.

animee454's avatar
Feb 28, 2020

ITS AMAZING!!!

If you're a fan of one punch man then this anime is for you... The main character becomes super op and it has the exact same sort of humor we see in one punch man... Maple is just a kawaii form of Saitama and its AWESOMEE. Highly recommended. One of the best new animes out here.

9.5/10 story
9.8/10 overall
voreto's avatar
Mar 5, 2020

The idea of this was really grate.. bus it looks like the one who created it never played any game online.. im still watching it but it makes me really angry when main character gets resistance to poison (max level) just fighting one monster and drinking healing potions... if this would be so easy every player would do that.. Also anime name says it and in first episode everything was about how she get everyting on defence... but.. as anime progress, in every episode she gets new attack skill thats way more powerfull than every other character and she can solo every monster with few hits...

ElTrio1's avatar
Mar 25, 2020

While this isn't the most story driven show and yes it's another anime taking place (almost entirely) in a video game... I loved it. It's light hearted and ridiculous as you watch Maple find a new way to basically find some new skill to use in some weird OP way, but the whole time I was laughing my head off. If you enjoy the video game setting and are looking for something light hearted to watch, this is a great option in my opinion.

MustangMan's avatar
Mar 22, 2020

Ok.. First of all don't take it serious.  Secondly its kinda a spoof of SAO and others of the same ilk.  Think about it they are making it look as if this ditzy girl is working around the developers rules to make a Boss of Boss level characters!  Don't watch it for the portrayal of game mechanics, watch because its absurd!  I am getting a total kick out of the Alien looking version..   She goes Ape S&*T on the Tree Boss to level 3.  OMG its funny... every time Maple Tree guild turns around Maple has aquired new weird skills by eating something or out of pure dumb luck.  I wish there was better character development but they do spend some extra time on Sally so its not all about Maple.  I recommend watching for sure!