Blue Exorcist Movie - Reviews

Alt title: Ao no Exorcist Movie

Virdelet's avatar
Sep 27, 2013

Little clarification: The movie is a side story. Its not a reboot ,a recap or a continue to the story and you can't watch it before watching the series.

Recommended for:

New to Anime, Blue Exorcist fan(duh?)

Not recommended for:

If you haven't watched the series.

The good:

Fun to watch, beautiful scenery, some really good artwork and colorful visuals, funny new characters.

The Bad:

Cliche characters, very predictable moments, at 40% of the movie you can predict what will the ending be like, poor fighting scenes, (excluding the first 15 minutes) boring soundtrack directing.

3.5/10 characters
4.5/10 overall
YuiYui's avatar
Sep 1, 2014

Warning this Review may contain spoilers-

So this is my review for the Blue Exorcist Movie, as you may of guessed this isn't really part of the main story and if anything it is just a side story but that doesn't effect how good this movie is. The story follows Rin, Yukio and Shiemi at the beginning and as you may of guessed Rin messed up on a misson resulting him finding a boy, a demon boy. After that he is told by Mephisto to look after this demon for a few days while he was in suspension. From that all kinds of mysterious things happened and so the story was made. To start off this movie is probably one of the bests I have seen even though it is only a side story, this movie is detailed and intriguing as you watch each scene. The animation is just about perfect, I didn't see many problems and the designs and scenery are spot on, if your are looking for a movie with amazing animation...here you go ^_^

The music was as beautiful and captivating as normal, there isn't must to say other than it matches the main series quite well. The voice actors were well chosen, I watched this movie in english dubbed which isn't what I normally would but I found that Blue Exorcist has one of the best english dubs in my opinion. The characters are the same as the main series even though they aren't developed much throughout the movie (other than the main characters). But from their personalities to their design, they were a amazing. (Also the Bon trio mad em elaugh quite a bit in this movie, which was different).

Overall if you have watched the Blue Exorcist series (and liked it) then check out this movie and I can assure you that you won't be disappointed. Well thats all for now, thank you for reading.

~AngelBeatsYui~

Skyleigh's avatar
Mar 29, 2015

Sure, let's introduce a new character for you to love!! JK!!! LOL, you don't get to keep him!

Other than that it's awesome.

Kakajoju's avatar
Jan 1, 2019

This movie was a side story, nothing that has any impact on the main story of Blue Exorcist. Overall it was an okay film to (not really) distract your mind from stuff. (Not really, because sometimes I was bored and looked at how much time I have left 'til it all ends.) Of course, this is really subjective, so I suggest giving this movie a chance.

One word: predictable. I basically knew the whole story since the opening sccene finished and surprise, surprise! The story was almost acurate to what I have guessed.
Now, what was the story? Without giving about much, let's just say that it's about Rin taking care of a demon and teavhing him life lessons. I personally wasn't a big fan of that.

I can't rate the sound and animation, so moving to:

Aw, boy- the dialogue between them? I sometimes stopped and was like: ''But that wouldn't make any sense if you're not the viewer!'' That single diallogue exchange bothered me 'til the end of the movie, so I had to write this.
As for the characters themselves, they were okay. Thankfully, there was noone that was really annoying to watch/listen to, but at the same time no character that I could truly vote for.

5.5/10 characters
ACrankyOldMan's avatar
May 8, 2018

I watched this after watching the first series and I wasn't quite sure where it would fit into the timeline. It was basically because of Amaimon, watching the whole event with Mephisto.

The story is basically a fairytale that comes to life where a demon tries to make everybody happy by taking away their depressing memories.

The original cast is in the movie and the whole thing has the exact same vibe although the quality feels of the animations and the environment is a bit better than the show. The detail is insane at times and you really get an idea of how large things are at times due to the crazy detail they put in the world.