Black Butler: Book of Murder - Reviews

ReviewBonfire's avatar
Dec 11, 2020

Kuroshitsuji: Book of Murder
Black Butler: Book of Murder

The next manga-based anime adaptation by Black Butler, which only contains 2 50-minute episodes. Among other things, this was more ideal than doing 7 individual episodes.

This is mostly a comedy / mystery based part that has less to do with the actual plot and is more for entertainment. However, directly follows the events of the Book of Circus. Shows some new plot relevant characters, so shouldn't be skipped if possible.

The plot of this is certainly already known from some films or parodies. A celebration in a villa - A storm that has cut you off from the outside world - Creative and mysterious murders take place.
It's as simple as it sounds. But what was really interesting about it was the implementation and the dissolution in the end.

Conclusion

It was mostly just a big comedy, but I will certainly remember it. I can't say more about this, because there is almost nothing to list.

senpaidev's avatar
Mar 18, 2015

The story was fantastic. Never expected the plot to unviel itself that way. Would recommend all Kuroshitsuji fans to watch this one.

xida2t's avatar
Mar 30, 2019

I would give this a perfect score if it wasn’t that I expected almost every outcome in the end. I believe that the creator wanted us to know what was going to happen, but it would have been way better if they somehow made the reader/viewer clueless to anything.

MamimiAlice's avatar
Aug 18, 2015

In this story a mystery unravels, as guests of Phantomhive are murdered under suspicious circumstances. We follow the remaining guests and Ciel in their attempt to clear the case and remain alive. There are, of course, some interesting aspects and a plot twist, but it is quite bland compared to the rest of Kuroshitsuji.

Overall, I'd give the plot a 7 if it were standalone; in this case though, it deserves a 5 since the main "ingredient" is obvious if you have watched the series. Animation and sound are more than satisfactory, same as all Kuroshitsuji. Book of Murder is more focused on the storyline than the characters, so there's hardly any character development, but everyone fits to their role and has a part to play.