Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 - Reviews

Xnub's avatar
Jul 23, 2023

***No spoilers***

From the start of this season I was almost constantly thinking there is no way they will be able to satisfyingly wrap this all up after each episode I watched, it just can't be done. While they did manage to get to an ending I was definitely proven right and it wasn’t that satisfying. This show needed another season at least to bring everything together and close it all off nicely. Instead they rushed past a lot of golf tournaments and important moments just to get to an ending. That ending also doesn’t really resolve the main premise of the show and just leaves it unanswered as well as just hand waving away some of the characters bigger problems in life, was a let down for an ending and left me disappointed, but I guess it was an ending at least.

I was probably so disappointed because I was really invested in the story and character by the end of this season and was expecting almost perfection in a sense. So that just shows how much I really liked the show despite the ending. They did it by getting you invested in the characters and their rivalry. At times making you swap rooting back and forth between Aoi and Eve and other times just for both to win, was a great feeling. They also do an excellent job of getting you to feel for both of their life circumstances and what they were going through. All that along with some unexpected plot twists really made me love the show. I just wish they added another season to slow the pacing and flesh things out near the end to get to a better ending.

8/10 - despite the disappointing end, it's still a great watch.

LunaNoah24's avatar
Jun 25, 2023

Spoiler free

If first season was more focused on getting us interested in golf, than this season was made for everyone playingg it.

THe characters stayed consistent, but still managed to grow, the stuff that happened and was explored definetly wasn't just a meantion, it shaped the way the characters evolved.

The animation was good.

subtleamberlights's avatar
Jun 24, 2023

One of my favourite anime of all time! Certainly the best sports anime. I just loved everything about it, but what kept me hooked was the relationship between Aoi and Eve. You didn't even need yuri goggles as their "rivalry" was crucial to the entire show. Unbelievably, it's made me interested in golf. One for the ages.