Big Order - Reviews

Keichan1827's avatar
Jun 18, 2016

So, I actually watched all of the episodes of this anime and now writing a review to tell you to NOT WATCH IT. Like, SERIOUSLY. WHAT THE F*** WAS WITH THAT ENDING. I never felt this disappointed in my anime life.
Upon reading my review, you are probably gonna see some rants about the last episode since that just made EVERYTHING go just.....NO. Well, it was already going haywire before that but the last episode just made it...OUT OF ORDER.

The story had potential at first. People with super powers called "Order" and the mc destroyed the world 10 years ago because he wished for it. That fact comes to light and everyone is, of course, angry and then stuff about him becoming a leader happens. Honestly, I didn't care much about this stuff so my memory is vague. Near the end, interesting facts comes to light, more or less, but the anime original ending just made everything turn into a pile of shit. No exceptions.

The animation is actually okay. Not bad but it's not like it's fantastic. But, yeah, i really hated the animation in the last 10 minutes of the anime.

Soundtrack is good I think. I really liked the opening theme by Yousei Teikoku. But, that doesn't prevent the anime from becoming a pile of shit. I hope I one day forget that the song was for this anime.

Okay. MC is stupid af and always concerned about his sister. Yeah, sure, they may not be related by blood but it's still YOUR SISTER. I don't understand what the hell you are thinking. Can't you also use your powers more wisely? Like, uuuuggggghhhhhh

Sorry people, if you are actually still reading this, you might be able to tell that i'm really losing my motivation to write properly because it is really shitty. You would understand what I meant by all this but DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WATCHING IT. YOU WILL REGRET IT. VERY MUCH.
If you are still interested in this series, I recommend you go read the manga because I heard that it's better than this piece of shit anime.

Galavant's avatar
Feb 21, 2017

DO NOT WATCH THIS SHOW! I AM WARNING YOU IT GETS WORST EVERY EPISODE!

The story is a complete unfocussed mess!

The animation is really bad it tries to use 3d animation in a 2D show and it sucks!

The music sounds like it was ripped straight from Future Dairy, they even credit them in the intro!

The characters are horrible ripoffs of Future Dairy!

And if that is not enough to stop you from watching I would like you to know this show has incest!

Gozza's avatar
May 8, 2019

I watched the OVA before diving into this show and I feel that I was served something differently to what I had ordered. The OVA felt mysterious, with certain scenes being replayed but with different outcomes. Certain characters were shown in similar environments, giving you somewhat of an idea that it was more a spiritual journey.

But... I feel the show struggles with what it actually wants to be and there is too much going on to really make it an enjoyable experience for the 10 episodes we were given. There are too many plot twists, too many situations that make no sense, every character wants to be the hero or bad guy of the story. There is just a lack of consistency.

We have Yuno Gasai from Future Diary showing up, who wants to kill the main protagonist but also starts to have feelings for him.

The main protagonist is super protective of his younger sister and even ends up shagging her.

We have a council of 10, who are all freaky people with odd designs who also have the ability to summon orders. But even though we get introduced to 10, we never really deal with all of them.

Touching bunny girl's ears will make her pregnant who later on in the show feels it's alright to rape the main protagonist because a piece of paper told her she was going to get pregnant by him.

One moment they're stopping nuclear rockets from blowing up a city and the next moment they're playing Monkey in the Middle with a ball. Add some giant rock golems, giant zippers in the air that they use for teleportation and some mind controlling robots...

Did I mention this show is only 10 episodes? There really is no structure to this show and as many have said, the ending is extremely weak.

So what's good about the show?

The art isn't too bad, there are some interesting tunes and some of the characters have their moments where they can be quite cool. The boobs in the show aren't too bad either although there are boobs we shouldn't be seeing and some giant hentai boobs that feel extremely out of place.

ClubFoot's avatar
Jul 24, 2019

Okay, I have seen worse than this. It’s one of those shows you want to squeeze it, you want to step on it, but even though you’ve done everything, you can’t. You cannot accept the reality of this world. You can’t accept that this show exists in the face of the earth. We want to destroy this artifact but as said, this relic cannot be destroyed because the force is strong with this one. Now, I’m starting to exaggerate here and not start in a promising way. But, you don’t know what this show feels like unless you have to watch it from the start. I have warned you if you like “Future Diary”, it’s better to just stay away. This is neither Yuno nor Yukiteru, by far, don’t come close though!

Now, it’s not that bad. I read the first volume of the manga and it’s pretty good actually. So, how can the tragedy of Sakae Esuno and Asread meet? I want to hear more details. First of all, why are we trying to approach and touch these relics? Even though we know how it travels and ends, we still want to touch this beautiful artifact. At first, it comes with one of the most badly written shows, the worst plot twist ever, the worst narrative ever, and so on. Yet, was this a satire? Was this a predecessor or tribute to “Future Diary”? Is this just a cheap way to use “from the Future Diary creator” as the marketing strategy? No, it isn’t. It could be, this is a “so bad it’s good” show. It’s another match made in heaven.

Apart from the characters in this show looks exactly like “Future Diary”, so, I tried to avoid the comparison. Like most people who review this anime as well, let’s not compared to that. So, where do we start? It starts with some parallel story, about an apocalypse destroyed a world. It caused by one of the flying chicks, I thought, I don’t know and I also a bit surprised what actually I saw. By the way, she granted permission to the main character to give him power according to a grant. Because of the request, this kid, unconsciously, has destroyed the world. His strength came because this kid was inspired by a cartoon he watched. Yes, you heard it. The world has been destroyed by a cartoon. Really?

Into the future exactly 10 years later, the world has been in chaos after a giant calamity makes society even worse. Yet, in this apocalyptic, would you think the people on this show were trying to survive? Of course, it’s not. This isn’t a survival game show or anything. The main character and other kids live their daily lives by going to school. Like, okay, I guess? Because, if the apocalypse happens, I still wake up in the morning while dressing neatly in my uniform and going to school as usual. No matter what just happened, I’ll stay in school. And their school is just like normal, with no damage or anything. Likewise hospitals and others. Other houses and everything is still good. So, why have their attention been very much focused on this 10 years catastrophe? I don’t know.

Sigh, anyway, the flying chick I mentioned earlier, her name is Daisy. Yes, I understand why she gave random wishes to random people. I understand why the main character was the scapegoat and a puppet doll in this situation. Because all of those are explained to the end; and I understand it deeply. Do I have to rewatch again because I didn’t understand at all, I saw it wrong? No. If you want to see a show because you want some rabbit ears, some sex scenes, or some topless heroine, then this is for you, my friend.

Next, Eiji, yes, it’s his name, is the main character in this anime. Let me tell you, this is one of my most hated main characters ever. Do you think Kirito is still the goat? Hell, it makes Kirito looks like Yamcha. The think about himself is so annoying. His motive, his characteristic, his backstory with his sister, everything about him. When Rin Kurenai (yeah, she was similar to her) attacked him, Eiji as our anti-hero put a lot of hatred in this world. His sister was kidnapped and still doesn’t accept the facts, initially, if he is the one who caused this apocalypse. His strength seems overpowered but this is like a poor version of “JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure” and “Code Geass”. He can control anyone, manipulate the feelings of others, and control others.

Yeah, I realized I wasn’t watching “Code Geass” at all because Lelouch had a clear motive, firstly vague, but I understood why he was in the first place. Eiji only has one motivation: to save his sister, whom he “loves” very much, “loves” very much. I don’t know why I mention and put the quote into the word twice, he really loves his sister. He takes all her burdens, always takes care of her, and… he making love with her. Don’t make me say it again. Just, “Sweet Home Alabama”. My mind suddenly floated.

The most ridiculous part is when Eiji manipulates Rin’s feelings and controls her. He said that he would marry her and would never kill him again. Actually, what do you expect from Eiji? When the world is in disaster, the world scapegoats himself, everything he can think of after peace was in his hand is his sister. I mean… it’s just… I-I don’t know the truth anymore. I stammered with this. What’s this meaningless life?

Okay, I dare to be honest the opening theme song is actually pretty good but the ending theme song is just not really memorable. The plot is just so random. Seems like the writer and the director argue: “okay, let’s put this plot into this sub-plot. Let’s put a pointless love romance story and some naked heroine. Put these characters in here, these sex scenes in here, and make the antagonist seem like a douchebag”. Everything in this show is just beyond any of your beliefs, beyond any of common sense. And I would bet that some unstable edgy kid on the internet, or on the street, certainly likes it. But, I want to be honest, the great part is when Eiji touches Iyo’s ribbon ears. When this scene came, the suicide rate dropped to 90%. But, our brain cells suddenly disappear.

To be honest, I don’t know anymore. However, I read one of the top reviews on MyAnimeList for this anime and it was so funny. So funny, I admit. However, what are the rules, wisdom, lessons, benefits after watching this show? Does this show teach us about love to your sister? Do you have to impregnate women by touching their ears? Well, both of them cannot be answered. I think this show is trying to make you think how complex humans are and a worse depiction of war like in Kurt Vonnegut’s “Slaughterhouse-Five”. Or maybe, this show is equivalent to all Stanley Kubrick works, have to think beyond imagination. Maybe also, this show tries to manipulate its own narrative, equivalent to David Foster Wallace’s “Infinite Jest”. Clearly, “Big Order” is nothing, nothing in everything, and lack of everything.

Texasluke1's avatar
Mar 22, 2017

It is so sad that people are so heartless they don't want to see an anime have a happy ending. This anime is greatly underated. The entire time I was watching I was on the edge of my seat. It had a lot of the elements that great animes have: MC with an op power, a cute little sister, tits, the whole enchilada. This is an anime that you have to watch in a binge. If you take this anime one day at a time then you will probably get bored. It's not a complex storyline but there are alot of things that you have to remember to tie the events together. It's not hard at all, but it's super inneffective when you can't remember what happened the episode before. I definitely think this anime could've been better, but can you name a perfect anime. I think that if they had gone with more of a god complex story like deathnote or code geass then it would've worked out loads better, however, they went with the story they went with and I can't change that. I definitely reccomend this anime and will watch it again. DO NOT PASS THIS UP. This anime is so good, I can't believe the ratings almost discouraged me. It has an overall rating of 2.5 on CR, but each episode averages about 3.5 to 4 stars. It is a really good anime. It's not really laid out black and white who he chooses in the epilogue, but that's a really great thing about anime is that no matter how it ends and how many questions it answers you always have unanswered questions that are up to the viewers imaginations. Anyways, check it out, you'll be glad you did.