Berserk of Gluttony - Reviews

Alt title: Boushoku no Berserk

Bluesky8's avatar
Dec 14, 2023

Really bad, the protagonist is really annoying, the characters all seem retarded, the direction is very dull, the animations are banal and the soundtrack is nothing special... the only interesting thing would be the concept of the 7 deadly sins, but this anime it was so bad that I won't continue watching it XD

JustAkeno's avatar
Dec 18, 2023

A slightly below-average anime with slightly more plot holes and nonsensical things occurring in comparison to other similar anime of this type.

Things I liked about it:

- The sword and gluttony skills.

- Protagonist's equipment eventually becomes cool and edgy (the protagonist never stops looking like a wuss though).

Things I disliked:

- The main protagonist is a dumb SIMP. As I was reading the comments about this anime, many people were going like "Oh sure hope the protag doesn't end up being another SIMP loser". Their prediction was of course completely accurate, and the entire story ended up being based around him simping over this one girl.

- Yet another anime with extreme plot armor.

- Generic and cliche.

- Objectively a waste of time (if you compare it to literally any other anime).

It's unfortunate, but that's what anime is like nowadays. Honestly, it's still a surprise to me how many god-awful japanese writers are out there. I'm not even a writer and I could write a more compelling story. I could throw up a better draft in just a few hours! And I already did, in order to see just how EASY it is to write something better. These authors are a joke, and studios animating this cow dung are crazy for doing so.

Sateenvarjo's avatar
Dec 18, 2023

This is extremely boring. I did not care about a single character and usually I love OP main characters but here even the OP factor was made some how boring AF.

Roxy is so generic and uninteristing it is an achievement on it's own. It is not that I find her annoying, no it is purely that she is so unmemorable that I wish I could just skip every scene she is part off.

I have no clue what is happening and why because I just can not focus on this. The animation is not bad but not good enough to be a any reason to watch this, the lines are super generic, voice acting is average.

Do not waste your time, this is not worth it.

animeplanet0's avatar
Dec 21, 2023

This show had great potential but it was annoyingly repetitive.

RBloop's avatar
Jan 14, 2024

Positives:

• Greed’s various weapons, they looked really cool
  • Myne, one of the sins bearers, she wields this huge axe named sloth, not really sure which is bigger her axe or her gluttony – chemistry with Fate is nice
  • The world is pretty interesting I thought
  • Downside for having the gluttony skill, doesn’t make Fate too OP, like condemning human souls devoured by gluttony to hell
  • Series has a bit of charm to it, if I’m being a bit fair

Neutral:

• Art wasn’t all that interesting
  • Romance between Roxy and Fate just ended up being meh
  • The OP is okay, not memorable though

Negatives:

• Fate or “Fay” isn’t an interesting main character, I kind of thought he is a knock off Kirito for some reason; essentially bland
  • Roxy as well, a very bland main lady lead, whilst capable, she doesn’t do much in the series; essentially bland as well
  • The sin skills beyond gluttony weren’t expanded upon, like what cost does wrath have, for example gluttony, Fate has to keep devouring souls otherwise he will go in to full berserk mode and kill everything in sight
  • The villains were just plain crap and bland, didn’t care for them
  • Monsters in the world were just fodder for Fate’s gluttony skill, which is weird considering he killed three thieves to obtain his first 3 skills