Bananya

Bananya
Add review
kaetheweeb's avatar
Jan 6, 2020

I didn't want to get too serious about this so I'll keep it short. Bananya is a series of anime shorts based around the lives of banana/cat hybrids, every episodes runs for around 2-3 minutes and also a new bananya is brought up every episode. I gave the story a 5/10 because there is no ongoing storyline but each episode has it's own little adventure so that sort of counts. Overall it was fun to watch and I'll probably rewatch it again in the future if a 3rd season isn't released.

Luciusx3's avatar
Dec 26, 2019

I really like this anime, it is masterpiece. This anime gives me reason to be happy again. Thank you Bananya :-)

MelangoPlays333's avatar
Feb 13, 2019

I couldn't watch this anime, Because i had to sign up for CrunchyRoll, including adding a credit card number to actually Subscribe to the thing. Although you can watch it on YouTube, So... :P

Of Course it's completly adorable, so 10/10 :3

Jessiohhh's avatar
Aug 16, 2018

I found this anime boring for me, but it is great to have on for my nieces and nephews. It doesn’t matter if they can read or not because it is so cute to look at and easy to follow the story visually.

XxRebelAngelxX's avatar
Nov 23, 2017

I'm going to get straight to the point;

Bananya is one of the cutest anime series that I've ever seen. Bananya is a series that I would HIGHLY recommend to anyone looking for a short, cute, and funny series to binge watch. Each episode is only about 3 minutes long, and you could easily finish it in a day.

I rated the story a "5" simply because there really is no definitive story to follow. You could watch any episode and understand the basic concept of the series.

Scouty's avatar
May 30, 2017

Alright, but God is gone and isn't coming back.

kittykitcatt's avatar
Feb 21, 2017

Normally i would rate but.. I wouldn't know how to with this XD. It was kinda like watching the show ''to cute!'' If you don't know what that is its basically just many docs on types of pets. but in this case there cats.. that lives in bananas!! each eip is like 5 mins long, yes vary short and their is no dub version.. well that I could possibly find buts its kinda a kid show so its easy for those who don't really like subs...i LOVED IT....im 17 lol

LightYagami135's avatar
Feb 2, 2017

Bananya is an anime that's episodes are not very time consuming, the characters are simple, and flat, there is almost no conflict at all, and it does not have very many episodes. This poses a problem for people like me, who like a bit of action in the things they watch.Although I, for one thought it was amusing, in the way a snake would watch a bird with a broken wing that is making an attempt to fly away. This anime tries too hard. It's nothing special.

4.2/10 overall
blissfire's avatar
Nov 24, 2016

This is a series best suited for the very young, or those who just genuinely like children's entertainment. The narrator tells us what's happening as tiny cat bananas have their daily adventures, such as Bananya Befriends a Mouse and Bananya Gets Lost at the Grocery Store. It's in the vein of See Spot Run.

The animation is beautiful. The lines are thick and colours strong, like watching stickers come to life.

The sound is clear and the song inoffensive. All the bananyas say is "Nya" but some of them (sexy long-haired bananya-kun) are still pretty funny.

Characters are one-note personalities, kind of like the smurfs: Papa Bananya, Baby Bananya, Narcissist Bananya, Bananayaette.

If you still get a kick out of Sunday morning kindergarten programs, you'll probably enjoy it for its cuteness, but if you give it a pass you're not missing anything. The best part is that after each episode there are photographs of people's real cats with their names and ages, presumably sent in to the producers.

etherealism's avatar
Oct 3, 2016

When I first saw that this anime was going to be released, my first reaction was definitely 'WTF?!!!!'. But being the curious thing I was, I decided to watch it anyway. All 13 episodes. AND YOU GUESSED IT, curiosity killed the cat! OTL I really have no idea what I spent 39 minutes of my life watching, but you have to admit, the animation is cute, the sounds/voice of Bananya is cute and it's just... meant for you to leave the need to think about anything behind.

1/10 anime, 10/10 method for relaxation

Nekoniix's avatar
Jul 21, 2016

It's so cute <3 best anime ever!

putyournamehere's avatar
Jul 19, 2016

Sorry, I know it's weird to make a serious review about this anime... but here we go XD

Each episode have 3 minutes, so actually watching it may be faster than reading this review...

(but that would be more agonizing)

Story: As you can guess from the title, "bananya" is a banana-cat/cat-banana/whatever you want to call that. The story would be like... the daily life of these creatures. There's not a plot, you know... No conflicts, nothing... just the narrator showing what the bananyas are doing.

Animation: It's smooth, I guess... the characters are really simple, so there's not much you could do with it. There's a lot of special effects, which kind of makes me sad... There was actually some effort to do this... There are so many animes with good plot that aren't so popular because of the graphics... and then I see the bananya TT_TT

Sound: good, nothing amazing... I didn't notice a problem (didn't pay much attention, and I'm not going to watch that again...)

Characters: plain. Just look at them once, you'll most likely know how their personalities are.

Overall: this anime can be interpreted as a joke... but then again, there was actually some effort, why would they make that effort if they didn't care at all? And... it's their job, so they most likely don't want it to be bad. All I can think of is "it's for children"... OK it's cute, happy, but it's still bad. I'm sorry, but there's a lot of good anime/movie/cartoon/... for children. The big problem in this anime is that no one can take it serious, so the only genre it could fit would be comedy... but it's not funny! It's just really annoying.

Lemolea's avatar
Jul 12, 2016

11/10 Best anime this year.

How can you say no to this?

Alexx1230's avatar
Jul 12, 2016

Everything about it is beautiful, it will definitely remain a classic for a long time. It feels like the main character could come alive at any moment and their life goals are utterly overwhelming.

The characters are beautiful and unique with the relationships between each cat banana portrayed perfectly with such emotion. Even with such short episodes it draws you in the first few seconds.

The narrators voice is beautiful, it is as if an angel came down from heaven except this angel is actually Jesus in a tractor driving over you repeatedly with his voice. A blind person could watch this show with the amount of carefully thought out description that tells you exactly what is occurring. You will never get bored of it, it works so well with the tone of the show.

I will continue to watch this amazing show waiting for each episode with anticipation. I highly recommend this for all ages it it a masterpiece that should not be overlooked.