Bakuman. 3 - Reviews

StormXarashi's avatar
Apr 18, 2018

I've watched all the seasons for 5 or more times....it is one of my personal favorites.

This is a combine review of all three seasons.

As many people know this anime is concerned with mangaka's(Manga writers)based on the manga of the same name which is written by Tsugumi Ohba and illustrated by Takeshi Obata, the same creative team responsible for Death Note.In simple words this anime deals with private and public life of manga authors.

The first season tells about main characters dream,friends,and people who are concerned for the creation of manga.

Second season deals with the hardships and hardwork faced by Mashiro & Takagi to achieve their dreams.

And finally third season is mostly concerned with the personal life of the characters.

Overall All seasons are good to watch as they slowly builds up their pace.This is a must watch anime for people who love anime and manga.Bakuman Anime

9.7/10 overall
DeXeN's avatar
Nov 2, 2019

Honestly maybe I still didn't watched too many animes but from the ones I did Bakuman is just on another level. The motivation and power that this anime gave me is just incredible. I guess that from now on there won't be any anime that will go in my rankings so high. For me Bakuman shows clear enough that you don't have to have high detailed beautiful graphic to be good because there is nothing better than great story with even better written characters.

In my opinion if you like slice of life animes and you have a dream then this anime is a must watch for you and even if you don't have any special goal in your life then I'm sure you will find one after Bakuman ;)

Striker20's avatar
Feb 19, 2016

While this anime has been tried to show the hardships of being a mangaka or manga artist, the third chapter seems to pale in and be distracted from it's main goal. it more seems like a love or drama story between mashiro and miho and that every single couple in this story should end up in a happy story (doesn't look like a real spoiler, ha?!), but anyway guys, the way I see it, bakuman 3 definitely IS NOT the way it was in first or second chapters and it doesn't have any new feature that audience would love to watch as they did before.

DGFischer's avatar
Jul 31, 2021

All three seasons of Bakuman lay out like a college course of studies.  Bakuman 101 (aka the first season): Intro to Manga.  Bakuman 201: Serialization and its Benefits.  Now, for all those into advanced studies into the manga industry, Bakuman 301: Rivals and Other Manga Friendships.

The last season of Bakuman is really a tidy resolution of all those plots and sub-plots that carried over the three seasons.  Of course, there is the main plot dealing with the pact Mashiro and Miho made in middle school and reaffirmed on their graduation from high school.  If Mashiro can succeed as a manga artist and Miho as a voice actress, and if (and this is a biiiiggg if) Mashiro's manga can develop into an anime and Miho gain the lead part in it, then they will marry.  Till then, little contact other than e-mails, random phone calls, and even randomer emergency visits.  Bakuman 3 has all these bits and pieces falling into place, gently, ever so gently in the typical Bakuman traumatic way.

But there are other characters who contribute to the overall storyline.  Eiji Nizuma is fast becoming the best mangaka in Japan, continually ranked first in the monthly ratings.  Will he insist on his first request of demanding the end of a manga he doesn't like?  The other mangaka, especially the two-man team of Ashirogi Muto, battle the manga genius to stop him.  Fukuda, the angry man of manga, battles to take his own place as supreme in the rankings.  Hiramaru, the comic relief of the series, strives to win the heart of Aoki, whose high principles seem to keep men out of her life.  Nakai, the fat, aging manga artist of reputable skill, strikes back as he finds himself in the employ of a mangaka of dubious methods and goals.  Iwase, Tagaki's rival in high school, is tanking out as a manga writer, and she needs to recapture the vision that once made her manga NATURAL+ manga's biggest hit (it is sliding towards cancellation, and having Nizuma as her artist will not help poor content).

All this activity swirls arounds Mashiro and Tagaki's quest for that manga that plays well as anime.  Their recent manga, Perfect Crime Party, doesn't have the qualifications.  Their newest release Reversi has all the right stuff ... but their heart is not in it, and they plan to make the manga a short run even while negotiations are going on to make it an anime.  In the meantime, the pair must handle Nanamine, an artist of reasonable skill who derives content from a team of internet contributors who tweak ideas.  One good manga, but will it have staying power, and will it destroy PCP?  A good lesson on ethics tossed into with the daily grind of grinding out manga.

The animation techniques are that which you have become comfortable in the first two seasons ... heck, have fallen in love with.  Powerful expressions demonstrated through the eyes and simple expressions as Miho's cute subtle smile drive the story along as Ashirogi Muto counter all obstacles to derail the plans to get the two lovebirds together.  There is a fever pitch to replace Nizuma in Shounen Jack’s top-spot and save that manga on the crazy-genius' chopping block.  There is a shake-up in the editorial management at Jack; how will Akira Hattori fare?  Will Miura convince himself he is still a capable editor?  So much to keep an eye on in Bakuman 3.  Anime guarantees no happy endings.  Even Mashiro must double-think his promise to Miho when Reversi features Miho as female lead voice.

All the music in the Bakuman series had good feel, even though season three seems to be a step down from season two.  This is due to the content.  What of goals achieved?  Of dreams fulfilled?  What dreams else once all is done?  Not as lively, but there is nothing wrong with pensive.  Yume, Yume, Yume, Yume seemed a touch on the way too quiet side.

And to conclude, Bakuman had the best greetings and thanks segment at the end of the final episode.  Much along the lines of Cardcaptor Sakura (the turn of the millennium version, not the recent version which that %#* Ceros loused up).  Tears happen, but these are tears for a story so well told.

Dionkeykong's avatar
Oct 17, 2018

So what do we have here? My, it's the 3rd season of Bakuman and if by any chance you follow my reviews and you wonder where is my review for the 2nd one... I was bored out of my mind and my vodka supplies were running low so i couldn't bother to write one. But here i am bothering with the last and maybe i'll throw some things from 2nd season as well to keep you happy.

And let's start with the story, which is a very easy task to pull through since i suppose you have gone through 2 seasons of Bakuman so...It's more or less the same but instead of having the disasterous adventures of a failure of an editor aka Miura, we get the un-marvelous small journey of a dickhead mangaka going by the name of... Erm... Nanamune, Nanaminer... Something like that who gives a fuck anyways?

I think that the plotline could be a lot better if they done without the Nanafucker thingy which in my mind was a waste of time. Sure i guess you could say that there are cocks like him in the industry and they needed to point that out but i think it would be better still if they could take some more time to flesh out the relationships that were forming in this season. But i guess Bakuman after 3 seasons couldn't get the damn romance thing right which is like watching a 70 yr old virgin man putting the moves on an 18 yr old hottie.

Think about Azuki's and Mashiro's relationshit.. FOR 10 YEARS THEY'VE ONLY BEEN TEXTING AND TALKED OVER THE PHONE 10 TIMES.. What the freakin' hell is that? Are you about to tell me that in the age of 17 and above where teen's hormones are going through the roof and into the dark deep space and into galaxies where we can't reach with rockets they did without... Well, sex of any kind? Not even a little masturbation on the side just for kicks? And they got married without even her checking his plumbing?

And sadly it's not just their romance that suffers from the obvious unrealism it's every single relationship in the series and i do mean each and every one. And it's not just that they are unrealistic it's also the fact that that they are way too rushed. If i put it in terms of car acceleration, the romance starts from 0 now and after 2 secs it's reached 120 mls/hour and it's running out of runway. And if that was car that would be ok although all your organs would be thin dust after the fact but we're talking human relationships and 0-60 times are quite irrelevant, don't ya think?

Other than the useless attempt at romancing everything else is as good as ever and the main duo is like a Trojan tank that destroys everything in its' way. And like i said in my 1st season review that's where Bakuman's strenth lies, in the way it delivers the manga making process and the duo's emotions shine through the animation, be it for good or bad.

As for the characters themselves we got 2 "main" new additions which just passed me by to be honest. 1 was Nanamine and the other was his editor whose name i can't be bother to remember and looks like Mashiro would look like with a bit longer hair and glasses so to hell with them.. As for the rest? Most of them were the assistants of each mangaka who surprisingly had more screen time than characters like Miyoshi and Azuki...Azuki still is more of a plot point rather than a character although they gave her some screen time towards the very end of the series and Miyoshi is still the unsung hero of the series and one i would love to see more but life's a bitch. In fact the main duo takes almost a massive 80% or so of the show,but that was to be expected to be honest since the writers are fundamentally men and can't do more than one thing at the same time. Oh yeah they brought back Fat McFlabby aka Nakai who is the same shameless waste of blood and organs..Maybe there are more but i can't be bothered so watch for yourselves.

Onto the music and VA's which were...More of the same old same old kind of deal, not good nor bad. VA's were very good indeed.

And onto the animation part which for me was again the same kinda deal we got in the past seasons,nothing changed at all.. And one would think that they would at least bother to change the characters a tad since it's 10 years since the start of the anime but they still look the same. Other than that minor detail i would personally like to see, total mediocrity and the same character designs taken from all eras of anime.

Now i may have worded my review to seem like it's a pointless waste of time but in all truth, the damn thing had me glued to the screen like no other. Despite the glaring issues the writers had with making relationships work like relationships, despite it's neither here or there animation and not using most of the characters as well as they should... It's still a very nice slice of life anime. It's still not the best out there by any means,nor the most realistic one you'll find in terms of basic human interactions but it's fun and such a joy to watch that in the end those faults didn't matter. On that front Bakuman does what most anime won't achieve in a lifetime.

Review made possible while listening to these mad fucks Biohazard - Shades Of Grey

6.5/10 animation