B-PROJECT - Reviews

Alt title: B-PROJECT: Kodou Ambitious

Mecredith's avatar
Jul 2, 2016

Oh god.............

How do you spot a bad plot? When you can't see the start nor end of it. My review will be based off of the first episode , which was utter trash. We start off with a dancing group (The B Project) dancing like they're advertising for a cheap candy product and then after the female protaganist swooning over every man she sees while they introduce her. Every character there seems so generic and bland that it's DISGUSTING , they even admit the stereotypes themselves for some of them.

Story: So this girl will be managing or being the A&B as the call it for the B Project (several idol groups together) honestly I wanted to stop watching the first 5 minutes I've seen it. This plot layout set itself for literally NO pottential. The MC will probably help the B Project get shows set up and then fall in love with ALL OF THEM along the way like most reverse-harems , except they won't have enough time to do all of that. Because this anime will only last for 12-13 episodes.

Sound: It's not horrible but it's barely acceptable too. The opening sounds very alike to Dance With Devils OP but it's a bit lackluster in creativity. Feels like any generic OP to me.

Characters: No. This anime will probably throw itself into a dumpster with this set of characters. Do you know the idiocy of having more than 10 characters that are SUPPOSED to be relevant in a 13 episode show?! The introduction for each character was done in the most lazy way possible. Them introducing themselves to the MC , every single one of them.......... they also call out each other's stereotype as if reinforcing the idea.

Animation: I find this to be the hardest to evaluate in this anime because the animation is not bad , it is in the wrong place. During introductions instead of having the characters just have a normal studio backround there are incredibly flashy backrounds behind each of them. We get it they're dreamy but please cut it out , it is unnecessary.

In conclusion , the only person worth mentioning in this anime is the female MC (Though her character design is generic) she seems to be the most realistic person of the bunch and the most relatable too. However she is and probably will be doing except give emotional support for the idols in this entire series. Final words: This anime is bad.

ashluva2's avatar
Oct 27, 2016

Overall this anime decent. You get what you are supposed to. It is based on otome game so it's not like there is a real love story in there. The reason I liked this anime more than other ones based on otome games is because it focuses more on plot and character development than on falling in love with the girl. Still, since it's more of af friendship based story, there isn't much of a plot. This sort of blends in with character though because some of the character background stories are actually quite nice. I wanted more closure at the ending with the final turning point.

The animation is good, and the songs are pretty decent. I like how the songs don't take up a majority of the show either. The first song and the ending Hoshi to take no sentence I think is pretty good.

Overall it's a 7 because it wasn't great but it wasn't terrible either. It was worth the watch. Personally, I think definitely a better watch than anything in the uta pri series. If you are into shows based on otome games this is not a bad watch.

GoldenAmethyst's avatar
Sep 28, 2016

I somehow finished this anime....and I was completely left with some questions to how this anime ended where the plot and climax of the stroy were just taking off...

Plot and Characters: A-1 pictures is definitely trying to create another song and dance anime for those that loved Uta no Prince-sama series.The first episodes we're good but no sign of a plot was made as it progressed where they simply rolled through introducing thier individual groups and maybe some characteristics of their 10 idols. Each idol has thier cliche quirks about them and some idols had such minor roles you might end up forgetting about a few of them...hence the problem of creating a 10 person idol group that then divides into 3 individual groups of their own. Even if they were trying to out do Maji Love with thier 7 person group, more was not better here.  Maybe if they gave them more solid background of who each person was, then it would have been more interesting and rememerable.

Though by the time it came to the climax, you could easily tell who was the antagonist and how it was going to end...theres no plot twists what-so-ever, and you're only really left with questions about who the MC really is. Note: she's basically the only one whose background even seems interesting thorughout the enire show; but who knows they may create a second season dedicated to that one cliffhanger...but who knows maye they'll surprise me and go a different route.

Animation: Nothing wrong with the animation, it was actually pretty well done and as I have mentioned above, A-1 Pictures produced this anime so quality was good as expected.

Sound: ....if you want to know if the songs were good...they were ok in my opinion...at the beginning.  Then they all seemed pretty forgetfull after that...except the opening and closing songs. I could not for the life of me get those two songs out of my head for some reason...........

But really, this anime just left me with a lot of questions that are either being left for a second season if granted one, or just wanted to be unclear throughout the whole thing. To say the least, this anime could have had great potential but instead left me bored and confused as I patiently watched and wasted my time.

5.5/10 story
5.8/10 overall
NixKaen's avatar
Nov 6, 2016

Lemme just start off by saying this is the overall best male "Idol" anime I have seen. That being said, male "Idol" animes tend to be bland reserve-harem stories spiced up with beautiful boys, songs, and a dull heroine. B-Pro is no exception, however it makes a great effort to not make the heroine not so annoying dull or Mary-Sue like which inturn makes the story much more fun and the anime an overall a great way to pass the time.

Story - 6
The story itself starts without you and there is not much that is introduced about what happens before the heroine comes along even though the story seems to pleading for an explanation about the boys' success before B-Pro [in their respective groups] and how B-Pro "really" came to be.
Still, the plot is nicely paced and the boys get entire episodes dedicated to them, however their are obvious favorites in the way that there is less focus on certain guys. Considering there is 10 guys and only 12 episodes this is a fair sacrifice so that story is able to progress and we're not stuck with a repetitive reverse-harem gimmick.
[Spoiler-ish] However the ending conjured up in the last two to three episodes is surprising and somewhat uncalled for which is why I brought score down a little bit. The theme of this anime is overall light-hearted and gives little to no clues to the darker future which leaves you very confused as as it all happens too quickly and makes no sense. If they expanded this a bit further and the anime was longer this could have played out more smoothly but they compacted it too much at the end there and left the me with more questions.

Art- 8
I personally very much liked the design of the boys. A lot of colours and effects were used throughout the anime to bring life to the beautiful and handsome idols and their life. It was a little more crisp than I expected considering the move to make anime much smoother and softer recently--but the budget may have been used more on the amazing choice of voice actors instead.

Sound- 8
Going into what I said above--the voice actors "made" this anime. It was very enjoyable hearing them speak, talk coquettishly, act, and sing. Most of the songs were very addictive and you very quickly may find yourself knowing how the song goes as parts are played strategically and almost incessantly.

Character- 7
Half of them were unique, interesting and the series focused on them. They had backstories and problems and our Heroine, of course, helps move them forward in their world of fame. However the way they divided the boys was very bad. KitaKore and THRIVE were full of bright characters and the series seems to focus on them and give them extra shine, while the MooNs boys seem to come up short despite making up half of B-Pro. Considering the anime seems to be about bringing these three groups together both in relationships and for fame there should have been some brighter individuals in MooNs. Considering the sacrifice for the plot in this short anime, they should have brought down a member from THRIVE or something to help give MooNs equal opportunity.

Enjoyment- 9
As mentioned, this is my favorite male idol anime show thus far. Plenty of fanservice, pretty boys, entertaining episodes, and songs to keep me intrigued throughout the anime.

Overall- 7/8
My score is a little higher than expected, especially for this type of anime, but there wasn't much I could nitpick at so the score is what B-Pro is deserving of. Whether you like idol animes or reverse-harems, B-Pro is well put-together and an enjoyable 12 episode anime.

7.6/10 overall
AcchanXD's avatar
Jul 17, 2016

As for now there are 3 episodes out and god I love it!