Attack on Titan The Final Season: The Final Chapters - Reviews

Alt titles: Attack on Titan The Final Season: Part III, Shingeki no Kyojin The Final Season: Kanketsu-hen

kyozaii's avatar

Peak Fiction!

I know not everyone is happy with the ending but I'm very satisfied with how the story wrapped up (that's a lie I'm actually devastated) *punches air*

I know there's really no 'right' or 'wrong' side in AOT... almost everyone has a blurred/ skewed moral compass yet, it's hard not to take Eren's side. I didn't watch 3 seasons of him, the scouts & the people of Paradis struggling and losing everything just to not take his side because he pulled an Uno reverse card.

I'm not feeling very philosophical right now so I'm not going to go into details but, Eren has all his life been fighting for 'freedom' and was always seeking to live in a world where there were no walls restricting him, to see the world beyond the ocean.

Wanting to eradicate all the titans and hating them, to discovering the truth and turning his hatred towards the 'real' enemies was a burden he took upon himself AND now his entire mental state has completely shifted, losing sight of his morality and the 'freedom' he actually sought. He gave up his own freedom for his friends and the people he loved.

It was either Paradis and his friends or the world that hated them and wanted them gone... free my homie he did nothing wrong.

It's quite funny how only AFTER Eren started the rumbling, THEN people (Marley) start to use their critical thinking skills... "all the problems arose from our faults we dumped onto the 'island devils'... now our hatred is coming right back towards us...."

PS. For my slow thinkers, Marley was NEVER going to stop attacking Paradis, Eren did what he had to do. Save your pretentious morality for something else. Thank you and goodnight.

Get rumbled, stay humbled (:

thegirlontheclouds's avatar
Mar 7, 2023

I wish I could give this damn masterpiece 100 starts. Unbelievably genius. A masterpiece. The hype is REAL

Edit after watching the second episode: I will never be able to look at seagulls and trees on hills the same way ever again.
Isayama when I catch you *sobs uncontrollably* WHEN I CATCH YOU

Hakenz's avatar
Mar 19, 2023

This broken way of release the "final" season really hurt the interest and climax of the series, its ridiculous.

And that ending, god lord in heaven, thats on my top 3 worst anime ending ever.

Pablo82's avatar
Nov 22, 2023

Still not good ending, but clearly better than in the manga (getting rid of that ONE dialogue was enough to make it better).

Sonicmario564's avatar
Mar 7, 2023

even didn't die so it sucks