Attack on Titan: Junior High - Reviews

Alt title: Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou

Nerillinthas's avatar
Nov 1, 2015

This review is as of episode 5, my views may or may not change by the end of the series, if my opinon does change, so too will this review.

STORY

The story, while entertaining, is confusing at first, not a lot of detail goes into telling us what is happening in this school life version of AoT. Though I probably shouldn't expect a fully comprehensive story out of a parody, should I?

ANIMATION

The animation on this is downright exceptional considering this is just a short project to keep fans happy until season 2 is released. It is fluid and manages to capture the right moods in the right ways.

SOUND

They used music from the original series, which is nice, but the remake of the opening seems just a bit much, I understand that they are trying to capture a different mood with this series, but I would honestly prefer the opening to either be a new one, or to recycle the original opening music like they did for the rest of the soundtrack.

CHARACTERS

The characters are exactly what they should be for a middle school, school life anime. Cute, almost chibi type characters. They did a good job emphasizing the main feature of each characters personality. The only reason this did not get a 10/10 was because I did not appreciate how they made Armin. Something about the way they portrayed him just irritates me.

OVERALL

This anime highly reccomended by me. If you are a fan of the show, and have a sense of humor, this is perfect for filling in the time until season 2 of AoT is announced. I hope that this will continue after season 2 of AoT is finished. I would love to see how they address all the characters and all the development that takes place later in the show.

9.5/10 characters
8.3/10 overall
PurplePeopleEater's avatar
Jan 17, 2016

At first I thought this could be interesting and maybe a little funny. I watched several episodes until finally deciding I wasn't interested.

1. It is totally ridiculous

2. It's a nice idea and kind of funny but als boring and predictable

3. I probably would have quit the show sooner except there was so little to watch the fall season I was willing to try anything that seemed even slightly okay.

4. I couldn't get over the titans wanting lunches and kids being so uptight about losing their lunch. It just seems to ridiculous.

5. The contrast between the original story and this parody of it was too much. The riginal was too serious and dark and trying to adapt that story and make it a light hearted comedy abut high school kids and some super giant bullies who want to steal their lunches just feels like too much of a stretch.

6. I got a few good laughs but it wasn't enough to keep me coming back. I couldn't stay interested.

7. They should have just hurried up getting the second season out and not even bothered with this.

JadedDragos's avatar
Aug 18, 2018

So this is my first parody/high school type anime to watch and I enjoyed it very much. Story wise it is the same as Season 1 of the main AoT with some twists. If you are paying attention though there are also a lot of hidden things that reflect the original AoT.

Animation for this one was great! Enjoyed seeing everything nice and crisp and silly. "-)

Music was fantastic! Loved how the main theme was almost directly the same as the original and was fun to listen to many times.

There wasnt to much character development, which is ok since I knew a majority of the characters already, so no need to really push the development in my opinion.

Over all this was an enjoyable watcha dn can't wait to see if another one is made.

8.8/10 overall
Maakkia's avatar
Jun 2, 2017

Okay! Attack on Titan: Junor High! Let's get ready to run away from death and into the comedy corner!

Attack on Titan: Junior High is something you don't have to watch in order to be up to date with the regular series.. It's just a little TV series that is supposed to make you laugh. Personally, I laughed a lot.. but I wasn't really a fan. Now, I'm not saying I HATE it. Goodness no! I'm saying the story didn't make since and they didn't stick true to the art style.. Two of the things I like about the normal Attack on Titan. Meh. It got a 6 from me because it overall was for kids. I mean. MAYBE NOT. Eren was impaled in the head with a (God.. I forgot what it's called) it's like.. a ruler.. but in a triangle form.. (OML I'm FACEPALMING SO HARD x.x) Anyways. I don't reccommend it as your first anime. If you don't like death and depression.. I do reccommend it.

Magicknight94's avatar
Oct 5, 2015

For epiosde 1

I know it is a parody, but the setting is quite confusing. Are the Titan living together with human?

However, its jokes are very relaxing.

Good for a parody

Marvelous. Using the amazing music from the main series is just brilliant.

They introduce a lot of characters in the first episode, and even though I already watched the main series, I still struggle to remember all of them. Other than that, they are same as their main series counterparts.