Assassination Classroom: Jump Festa 2013 Special

Assassination Classroom: Jump Festa 2013 Special
Add review
kodachiii's avatar
Jan 3, 2020

One of the greatest the greatest shows out there. The misfit class is thrown with the challenge of killing they're teacher before graduation or else he blows up the earth! The only problem... he's the best teacher they've ever had! I really like how overtime you get to know each of the class mates in a way where they all feel like main character, rather than filler side characters. I guarantee that this show is worth the time ( with quite the humor). Just prepare for a rollercoaster of laughter and enjoy it while you can before the only 2 seasons fly by before your eyes! 10/10

9.8/10 sound
kenziishy's avatar
Apr 14, 2019

No spoilers

Pros: The anime can easily captivate your attention by the dynamic interactions between students, the art is wonderful and colorful, and the music is something I'll cherish for a long time.

Cons: The story fell short and the ending was just alright. It wasn't bad by any means but I felt that they tried to shove emotions down my throat but in the wrong way. Let's just say I probably could have ended that better, it was...too much going on at the same time. It didn't always make sense.

Regardless, the story was flexible to allow a more comedic side to a dramatic plot. In the first episode we find out that the moon had been blown to bits by this 'creature' and in turn, it demands to teach this classroom and gives the kids a year to kill him.

There's a lot of plot holes that just don't make sense when it comes to the kids trying their plans out to kill their sensei. As the series moves forward you get to see the different sides of the kids, their pasts and the relationships.

The show is amazing if you're looking for a more lax show to laugh your ass off. I've found myself laughing myself to tears with a few scenes. The show tends to make fun of itself throwing in jokes to break the 3rd wall and stating why Nagisa looks the way he does. It's actually really brilliant and they continue to use that for their advantage.

If you want a show that will keep you laughing, your heart warm with wonderful character interaction, and real heart this is the show for you. It's about 2-3 seasons I believe so it's not as long as other "longer shonen" but really I think it's perfect for length. Although...the very end felt a little rushed...and smushed together. That would be my main misgiving toward this series. Regardless, it was still very good and I'm not disappointed in the end, it's just a strange way to do it. I liked how the kids all turned out and I like how the show teases about "shipping" and romance but doesn't highly act on it. Of course, it's going to have it's moments but its' not in your face and that's really nice.

My favorite characters are by far Karma and Nagisa. They're a great pair and the relationship between the pair of them is interesting to say the least as the series continues.

Well, that's my thoughts on this anime, I hope you give it a try. If you need a laugh or a reason to smile and feel good give it a shot. It' worth it. <3

347's avatar
Jul 24, 2018

it is an anime that will pull at your heart [I CRIED SO MUCH @[email protected]]

it will make you laugh and something always happen!!!!!

if you haven't watched it i suggest you do it's amazing

ShadowEmpress's avatar
Sep 26, 2017

This anime is above and beyond regular expectations.

FUNNY

THRILLING

CAPTURING

It begins as a light anime that tilts a lot towards beying purely comedic but as the story proceeds, (The assassination attempts truly begin) it begins to take a stroll along action and thriller.

Plot wise, this anime is equally balanced within the genres, insuring not a single episode is boring. There's fighting, story-telling and character development in every episode.

The story, (let's be honest, many could've taken such a story and have it ended with pure assassination and gore and your typical mission disappointments and yadi-yadi) BUT this anime managed to achive such an incredible story-telling technique while equally developing ALL the characters (and yes I men ALL, as in all of the 28 students get their screen-time, story and back-ground as well as a time to shine, the other two teacher- being bitch-sensei and karasuma sensei are also beautifully developed on a perhaps slow manner, but that only makes it more heart-aching once you see the result in the end. The villians, and I mean ALL the villians as well. Speaking of which, how many anime can truly manage to make EVERY-SINGLE VILLIAN an attachment to the viewers? And eventually, Koro-sensei. Although some would find it frustrating at how long it took, but in the end you begin to notice how necessery it was to have everyone developed before him. Never-the-less, his background reveal was NOT ONE BIT disappointing.)

I personally found the character development the best feature of this anime, it far surpasses the  more known animes with over 500 episodes (naruto for example) in every manner. You begin to find yourself attached to every single character within only the first 15 episodes. Each of these characters eventually giving the viewer a life lesson (with the help of Koro-sensei ofcourse) while keeping it all above-the-roof INTRESTING!!. (The following is the nicknames the students gave each-other during training, which you'll find HILARIOUS by the time because of how well you'll get to know them)

This anime teaches a person that-

1) No one was born evil, most of people who ended up being mean, angry and bad have a story to back it up, sometimes being as simple as wanting attention from a person they look up to. OR

2) Even when someone seems to be the happiest person, they too could be hurting and have it rough all along,

3) It's OKEY to admit defeat as long as you keep trying

4) It's OKEY to change your course in life when you realize that you've become someone you no longer recognize,

5) Family and friendship can save even the most damaged souls, if you show them you care

Oh and about the times this anime has broke social taboos-

You can be smart AND pretty

You can be 1st in class AND be a trouble-maker

You can be fragile and innocent AND be strong

You can be the tough-nut and hot-headed AND be loved and cared for

You can have an over-sized body AND be admired

Honesly, I can go on and on about this anime and it still won't be enough to express all the laughter and tears and cheering i've put into it.

Would I watch it again? Yes, a hundred times yes, it never gets boring.

(P.S. to that comment mentioning boring episodes during examinations. That is completely off. There are fighting scenes during examinations... WITH the exam questions! I'm sure i've felt like that multiple times as well. How can that in any way be boring?!)

Loves and Peace Xx

Francfranco's avatar
Mar 15, 2017

Completely Spoiler Free

Assassination Classroom

Highly recommend for those looking for comedy, some romance, and decent action.

Finished Ending: Yes

Overall Themes: Life Lessons (coming of age)

Recommendation Age Range: 13 and up (adults will love this anime just as much

Dubbed Available

I spend a lot of time searching for anime that are genuinely “not a waste of time” and I can honestly say Assassination Classroom is one everyone should see. The series has two seasons that I’ve seen and both are quite enjoyable and very well written. The animation is fluid and above average. The voice acting is fantastic and even more so the dub is just as good.

If you are not enjoying the anime by episode 3-4 I would say that you perhaps will not like this anime (though most animes are like this). I strongly suggest watching this anime as it only gets far better.

Ending: There is a finished ending to this anime. Meaning that the anime is not waiting for another season or the manga to continue. I am not sure if there is more to the story, however this does not leave you hanging (Which is almost the biggest concern I have when starting an anime).

****************Following Contains Some spoilers (Be Warned) ******************

Overall Impression: I loved this anime as it was completely what I was looking for at the time. The idea of having a crazy monster who wants to blow up the world as your teacher seems weird and cliché but is really a fantastic story for anyone. The characters (students) learn many life lessons along the way as they try to kill their teacher. The anime has serious moments and very funny moments. There is little to none fan service moments and the plot is simply enough for a teenager yet full enough and complex enough (mysterious) for an adult (I’m 23). I laughed many times during this anime and enjoyed this anime thoroughly. The ending was amazing. I cried a lot. Very well ended anime and one of the best I’ve seen.

I usually have complaints here for the anime, however for this anime there are not many if any. There were no stupid arc plots or moments of pure fan service where you get uncomfortable. The anime is fluid and does have some good pacing. There are plenty of surprises and closure for almost every plot twist.

I write reviews mostly for myself and for the enjoyment of looking back at anime I've seen and wish to remember. My reviews are not perfect and completely my opinion. There may be mistakes, however if you find it helpful then I'm glad. I have many reviews but some are private. If you have questions about an anime I've seen visit my profile of DM for more reviews.

9.5/10 story
Beautybox's avatar
Nov 16, 2016

It's have a good story overall, but the story is lacking sometimes. I understand it's just regular students who have gotten a opitunity to play assassins, but sometimes I miss a little action when they focus more on the midt-terms than the assassination. They sound so full of themselves sometimes it's getting surerealistic to a normal regular student who has been crushed down of the other smater ones.

The charachers: theres too many and not reneberable, there are some who outstanding though fx. Nagisa or Karma.

Tikachu's avatar
Jul 6, 2016

I give this full stars, this is a well excuted anime. I am very excited  for season 2 ep 22 to come out. At first i wasnt to keen in watching this at first after watching ultimate atoku teacher, until i some clips witch triggared my attention. I love this that deal with girly boy, cross dressing, school life, fighting and bloodshed. I recomend this alot for people, i think this will be great to show for people who are starting to watch anime.

Xianna's avatar
Jun 24, 2016

I loved everything about the anime. I especially love Koro-sensei's personality. Such an amazing story-line. I would definately recomend this anime to others.

Emma2015's avatar
Mar 15, 2016

Summary: A strange new teacher is introduced to Class 3-E at Kunugigaoka Junior High School. The teacher is a round-headed, tentacled octopoid creature capable of moving at speeds of up to Mach 20 and whose color changes depending on his mood. Prior to introducing himself to his new class, he managed to carve out a large chunk of the moon to become a permanent crescent moon. In a year, he plots to destroy the earth, but decides to teach a junior high school class in the meantime for an unknown reason. With this strange creature having effectively taken over the world, the government reluctantly complies with his request on the condition that he does not harm his students.

Affectionately, the students of Class E call him Korosensei, which is pun on the term korosenai (殺せない lit. unkillable or can't be killed) and sensei (先生). These same students greet him everyday with assassination attempts in their journey to save the world by eventually murdering their own teacher, and to earn 10 billion yen from the government.