Are You Lost? - Reviews

Alt title: Sounan desu ka?

BrokenSparks's avatar
Apr 23, 2020

"Just relax and look at the clouds"

9.5/10 story
Castielo's avatar
Feb 15, 2020

this anime and everything about it is 0

his characters his story I give him zero

Dropped on episode 4 after losing faith

Unioto's avatar
Nov 7, 2019

It's a short watch. I can't be too hard on this ecchi, it's not trying to be more than what it is. Girls on an island finding themselves in wacky situations in order to flash the camera with their bodies. It is a comedy as well, and I definitely found myself laughing once or twice. The theme is a plane crash on an island, which is a fairly unique take on this genre. My biggest complaint by far is the lack of story. They attempt to develop a story through one of the character's flashbacks, but it amounts to nothing much in terms of plot.

2.5/10 story
5.5/10 characters
4.3/10 overall
MsNova's avatar
Oct 21, 2019

I found this anime meh. Each episode was 12 minutes long, so an easy binge. School girls stranded on an island after a disaster that they survive. It seemed the writers were far too interested in human & animal waste than needed in this anime. I found myself saying “Really?” at a few scenes which seemed geared toward the frustrated adolescent boy that spoiled this anime for me. It could have been a lot better but perhaps it was geared for that audience only. The saving grace for me was one characters flash back to being in the wilderness with her father as a child.

Some of the survival tips were good, a few not so good (like drinking run off water), a couple downright dangerous.

“definitely don’t rely on “reality television” as your primary source of wilderness survival information. There are many documented cases of people dying from doing so!”
-Erik Kulick founder of True North Wilderness Survival School

Spoiler alert below.

Scenes such as “Oh you are thirsty, let me kiss you and give you some of my spit.” ??? Or the panty peeking that has me roll my eyes at the ceiling. Really? Is this a thing in Japan? There was too many butts that did not need to be there. Like one scene to test if a new root was toxic or not, done at the inner elbow in real life, but here, it has to be the rear end? Of course! *sigh*

The two worse and most dangerous bit of survival techniques is the old tale about drinking urine to stay hydrated. Never EVER do that. Urine will dehydrate a person and stress the already stressed kidney’s with toxins. There was another scene where 2 of the girls were dehydrated and put bat guano water in their butts with their mouths. Well, it was a suggested scene as opposed to seeing the actual deed but come on now. We all know that bat droppings are full of disease and no matter what orifice they go in it’s a surefire way to get histoplasmosis & who knows what else.

I really don't want to know what freaky, gross things the writers are into, I just wish they would keep it to themselves & it out of anime.

8maus's avatar
Sep 29, 2019

NO SPOILER

Basically is the Bear Grylls in a cute anime girl version; the story is quite simple, but overall i enjoyed it. The strong points are the growth of the characters and the flash backs of "main character"; the weak point is that there isn't a proper end (and for this it gets 3 and not 3.5 stars).

7.5/10 characters