Animal Crossing - Reviews

Alt title: Doubutsu no Mori

demonman905's avatar
May 19, 2010

This is definitely a good anime, and will work over well with little kids.  It follows the story of Animal Crossing Wild World pretty closely, with quite a bit of comedy. The characters are well done, animation is Ok, but the the Music is VERY good. Over all, it is most certainly a must watch for all Nintendo Fans, but it could use a little improvement.

9.5/10 sound
7.8/10 overall
JuneLove's avatar
Jan 25, 2020

This anime was nostalgia from beginning to end!! From the music to the characters, it was a very wholesome anime (but then again, what would you expect?) The plot was pretty good & it closely follows the Wild World game. Although, I do wish the dug into Ai's dream a little more (maybe I wasn't paying good attention). I feel like it could've been fleshed out a bit better. I would definitely watch again! If you are here, I'm guessing you are an AC Fan and therefore, you will definitely enjoy this anime!!

Lacimehc's avatar
Mar 4, 2012

I love the Animal Crossing video games. I'd even go so far as to say they're my favourite game franchise ever. So I was willing to check out the anime movie adaption of it. I was also confused on how something like Animal Crossing could possibly be turned into a movie...

Story: The main premise of the games is that you're a new resident to a small town. You earn money, decorate your house, talk to people, go fishing and stuff like that... So how the Hell do you turn that into a story? Well, you don't really... The first bit of the movie definitely feels like an Animal Crossing Game. It's basically just introduction on the characters and how everything works (much like the introduction to the games.) Of course they do try to cram some plot in there later on, but nobody gives a shit about plot in Animal Crossing.

Animation: Character designs are all pretty much spot on. The animation itself is also pretty good and the style fits prefectly.

Sound: I'm not exactly sure what the characters are suppose to sound like since they don't have real voices in the games and I don't typically listen to them so I'll assume they're all fairly accurate here. The music is pretty much all taken directly from the games which I love.

Character: With such a large number of characters a lot of them don't really get any development. They just sort of appear, do something and then leave... Just like in the games! At least they weren't constantly asking Ai to change their stupid catchphrase or greeting every goddamn day... Um... Moving on...

Overall: While this movie wasn't anything special I'd still recommend it to anyone who really, really enjoys the games or simply likes light family friendly anime.