Ani Tore! EX

Add review
Zachoholic's avatar
Dec 9, 2017

Wow is all I can say.

This anime is not good. It just isn't. From any aspect that you look at it, it isn't good.

If you want to look at it from a workout aspect, the first episode involves a girl doing 10 situps. Only 10. And then going out to get soft serve ice cream, probably gaining back every single calorie she may have burned off while exercising, and then some.

If you want to look at it from a fan service aspect, it also fails. The fan service shots are embarrassing to watch, and barely fit with anything that is going on. I've heard Food Wars is good on this aspect, so go watch that, or better yet just go to HH and get your fix.

The anime fails in every aspect. Animation is fine, and passable. I can only give it a 2/10 because while watching this I was laughing my head off.

I have only watched one episode, so maybe it gets better from there. But I don't really want to take the chance to find out.

JVAnimeReviews's avatar
Mar 1, 2016

For a video review, check out my Youtube channel. Link on my profile page.

*To start my thoughts let’s be honest here. I don’t think a lot people started this anime to actually do the exercises and work on their physique. I mean 5 girls doing fitness exercises, I think we can all imagine what we thought this anime was going towards. I personally started Anitore also because I expected it to be over the top fanservicy and way to obvious.

But Anitore actually surprised me. There is of course some fan service here and there but it wasn’t as bad or as abundant as I thought I would have been. This is an instruction anime that actually cared more about the exercises than the fan service. The exercises are clearly explained and if you would follow along I think you would improve your physique.

*I however want to mention one thing that really bothered me in like 2 of the episodes and that was the 3D animation that was used there. I really didn’t like that animation, it was so robotic and unnatural. The normal 2D animation on the other hand was decent.

Conclusion

So as a conclusion, I liked the set-up of Anitore! EX trying to get people to exercise more but we all know that the majority of the viewers didn’t come for the exercises. And that’s why I’m going to rate Anitore! EX at 2,5 stars. If only a few people actually followed along and got healthier, I think this   short anime reached its goal.

cbsgoju's avatar
Jan 18, 2016

Should you watch: If you are a girl looking for some detailed exercises.

Surprisingly there is not really any fan service shots. For every shot that seems fanservice-y, it usually serves a purpose to show you how your legs should be planted etc. I was very surprised by the whole series and surprised by how lowly it is rated, because it does what it was written to do.

STORY: In 3 and a half minutes, an idol goes through 2-3 different exercise with the occasional dancing episode. There are a total of 5 idols who are try to teach the viewer how to do basic exercise such as pushups correctly and sometimes even throw in a diet fact, granted it is not relevant for the U.S. It’s pretty good and they do a great job at explaining every detail.

ANIMATION: Everything is drawn really well, even when the characters go chibi. Typical for an anime done in 2015 though so nothing really special.

SOUND: The music is good. Nothing really special.

CHARACTERS: No character development, but every time the character made a comment about something it did make me smile.

OVERALL: I give it a 6.5 (top 45%). It’s a surprisingly very good exercising video and even teaches you a few dance moves. Like I said, if you are a girl (or guy) who wants to learn how to do some basic exercise then this is the best anime video out there. Otherwise there really isn’t any reason to watch it. Granted a 45 minute of cute girls exercising isn’t too hard on the eyes, just do not expect any fan service.

Syphos's avatar
Oct 23, 2015

A training session with cute girls showing you how to do gymnastics and keep your body fit.

If "Training with Hinako" was too "jiggly" or distracting, try this one. Nevermind the slightly ecchi camera angles.

Keep your room locked beforehand and tune the volume down - if you do not live alone, that is. Could lead to confusion.

Why? ...find out yourself. So far, there are only 2 Episodes, where Eri is my favorite tsundere so far.