Ai Mai Mii

Add review
hamletsmage's avatar
Feb 7, 2016

If you were hoping to watch some girls try and make manga, but just keep getting distracted, just keep looking. This anime is not that.

Story: What story? You mean the story about 3 girls and their senpai who try to make manga in the manga club? That story? It doesn't exist. This anime is so random that I don't even think there is a story. Maybe some mini stories that don't make a whole lot of sense, but nothing linear. In fact, they throw out the manga plot point completely. It doesn't exist after episode 4.

Animation: The animation is mostly chibi, with some detail thrown in at random points. It's cute, it fits the complete lack of story.

Sound: Do you like arcade style video games? Then, enjoy the soundtrack. Because that's all it is.

Characters: The characters could be swapped for different characters ever episode and I doub thtere would be much difference. Except maybe Ai, who actually seems to give a damn about her manga.

Overall: Do I recommend this anime to you? If you like random, quirky stories about 3 high school girls, sure. Otherwise, avoid this anime as it will kill your IQ.

AngelBeatsYui's avatar
Jun 22, 2014

Warning This Review May Contain Spoilers-

So here is a short review for a short anime (Well it is just a really short review)...The story, well there wasn't any. It was completely random and all over the place. It was entertaining but there wasn't much of a single story due to the short episodes. The animation was super simple and the characters designs were really, really boring in my opinion. But this fits the purpose quite well so it wasn't a problem (this is why it isn't getting lower than a 3)

The music like the anime was really random but still quite entertaining just like the story, it fits the genre quite well, that is it for this section. There was no character emotion or development well that wasn't the point of this anime. All the characters have clear personalities and you could easily what each character was like just about straight away, so yeah...

Anyway, overall this anime was one of the simplest that I have watched. And I didn't expect much anyway so it was fine. That ends this really, really, really short review....thank you for reading!!

~AngelBeatsYui~

3.5/10 overall
Thrawn's avatar
May 9, 2013

Story/Characters: I don't really know how to go about this. The story is "Manga, manga, manga- Hold the fuck up, what's with this manga shit? Fuck that shit, let me drop some random scenario and we animate that instead of something that seems like actual plot." It literally throws manga out the window (Like plot) and returns to it right at the end (Think Seikon no Qwaser II but with significantly less tits, milk and sexual deviancy). "But it's 3 minutes and an episodic web series! Go easy on it you hardass!" Yes yes, that is true, so I can't grade it on dropping a douche on it's apparent initial focus on manga, but I can grade it on comedy and episodic content.

Which is shit. It's random but unfunny most of the time. Any comedy I found to be funny was of the sadistic kind, where the characters I grew to despise suffered pain and emotional trauma. Mostly pain, nothing much in the way of emotional trauma and mind decay here. The viewer doesn't count. And most of the comedy is driven by a douche of a main, White Hair. White Hair (Close enough) is an asshole, fucking up the only person who tries to do shit's shit up. With her less annoying accomplice Brown, that is. She is more tolerable but only slightly so. If it's her in the opening narration of the mangaka, then I retract that previous statement. And when the second half of the episodes rolled around, I longed for her... accurate portrayal of the viewer because the second one disturbed the everloving fuck out of me somehow. No spoilers here, folks.

And props for it being three minutes long, 2.5 if you take out the EP.

Animation: Don't think I'm done with shit analogies, because this segment is a heavy load. It looks like shit a 5 year old drew with some better colouring. I may be hating on a 3 minute web series- I mean TV series, but it's still pretty terrible. Not nightmarish as others or revolting enough to get me to stop smiling when it's funny and even though it has moments where it shines like a polished turd, it simply wasn't to my liking for most of the time.

I can give it points for creativity, some more properly drawn moments and for, once again, creeping me the fuck out in the second half.

Sound: Eh. EP was good, signaled the ending to each shitty ass episode and ate up time. No comments on VA as usual.

Overall: I'm running out of references to shit but this one's a plopper. Just flush it down and have the plunger ready.

ThatKiddWentBoom's avatar
Mar 11, 2013

Ai Mai Mii is about three manga artists who can never seem to get anything done.

That's what the title says right? But where does the forth girl Ponoka come in?

I have so many problems with this anime it's ridiculous. So Let's start.

Story: There is no story. I get that happens a lot with 3 minute long slice of life anime's but this is ridiculous. Even the individual episodes don't make sense! There is NO story line and NO plot. But even within one episode you barely know what's going on.

Animation: This actually isn't so bad. It works with the whole chibi thing. But honestly the character look like they were drawn in about four seconds.

Sound: There really isn't much to go on.

Characters: This is where I have a real problem. You don't always have to havea good plot as long as your characters have some form of diminsion. But these characters have NONE! First off I had a problem placing Ai. In the summary it says she's a student, but in episode nine she's shown teaching? It frustrates me. You know absolutly nothing about the characters. And it doesn't seem like you ever will.

Overall: If you have NOTHING else to do, maybe you should give it a watch. But I wouldn't recommend it. It would just be a waste of your time.