AFTERLOST - Reviews

Alt title: Shoumetsu Toshi

juniflynn's avatar
Apr 10, 2020

After watching the first episode the plot caught my interest and there was a mystery aspect to it that compelled me to watch more. The problem is that with each episode I only got more confused and even after finishing the 12 episodes I had more questions than answers. I think that there was a really cool storyline at play but there were so many side plots that weren't disussed at all which ruined it. This anime needed more episodes so they could fully explain what was going on but the timeline was constantly changing and so much information was being pulled out of nowhere.

The characters were interesting but the storyline left no time to actually explore any of their personalities outside of the main plot sequence and so the opportunity to develop those characters was missed out on.

Voices sounded good to me and there are several note worthy voice actors in this anime.

I have read a lot of complaints about the CG but I didn't think it was that bad. The animation to me was fine- not amazing but if the plot was handled better this could have been a really good anime.

dollypuddin12's avatar
Mar 30, 2020

Really loved this show! Sad there isn't going to be a second season :(

Oozaga's avatar
Jun 24, 2019

The show felt a little bit too much like the Big Order, both in story and the way the story was told. From the persona like superpowers, a blown up city and even the scientific dad with a work related friends that turns into a troubling situation.

There is a lot going on for 12 episodes and I really wish the show would have either trimmed some of its fat or given it more room to breathe. The character design and the animations themselves are pretty good but the show struggled to implement its 2D art in the created 3D world.