7 Seeds - Reviews

BlankMuse's avatar
Jun 28, 2019

I only watched the first episode, but i’ve read the manga. I think that’s important for me to say. The manga is wonderful and should not be overlooked, especially since this adaptation is awful. Now, i didn’t expect much when i saw that studio Gonzo was the studio behind this adaptation, and i was right to. Yet again, studio Gonzo fails at making a visually pleasing series both in art style and animation. I have no idea why Netflix chose them. I’ll keep my criticism short though, so here we go. The art style is bad, the animation is bad, the sound design is a little iffy, the characters are good aside from some changed hair colours, and the story is good, but it’s a bit too fast paced.

Now, it’s not all bad. I think that they chose an amazing set of voice actors. Every voice fits their character so well. I think that the opening and ending songs are awesome, which is sad because it’s a terrible series with great music. I’ll hopefully be able to hear these songs outside of the anime soon.

Those two things are the only good things about it though. To summarize this review in a few words; this adaptation is terrible, the voice actors are the best part about it, and the music is great.

I highly recommend reading the manga for a better experience all around. I know some people are scared of the Shoujo tag, but it looks great. It hardly even looks like a Shoujo, to me at least. I love this series, and i wish a better studio had adapted this. Hopefully, we’ll get a proper adaptation in the future. Thank you for taking the time to listen to my opinion

Sepulchure0921's avatar
Jun 29, 2019

Honestly, I watched the entire thing because I was bored and I have no idea what the fuck I just watched. The entire show is confusing and all over the place. It starts out okayish but then they go crazy travelling to places, randomly leaving the groups their in, introducing new characters and then spending entire episodes going into their backstory that to be honest, I don't really care about. The characters are kind of cliche but they are at least some of them are a little bit interesting, but really I have no idea what I just watched. The ending wasn't an ENDING, there is no conclusion and it feels like they just left off in middle of the show?

Overall, I would not recommend that you watch this show as you will just be left confused, unsatisfied, and bored.

theywalkamongus's avatar
Dec 15, 2019

Waste of time. The story starts interesting but then just fades into tropes and poor storytelling. A trap for new anime fans on Netflix.

nightwing2210's avatar
Nov 24, 2019

Man I love anime and i have my sole preference as anyone does but i love anime so much im willing to give anything an unbias try.

This anime was a crock of shit. And a waste. from interacting with other fellow anime lovers who read the manga apparently that is better and explains the story better. However this anime does not leave you curous or wanting enough to go digging for it .

At the very beginning there are slight indications of rape and sexual abuse, but the development into how these situations escalated are never explained, its like the characters woke up one morning and just went screw it im gonna go after this one girl who always seem to be the victim.

the whole jist of the anime is a love story of a boy and a girl looking for each other in a post apocalyptic world and the people they meet along the journey. There are hints of a twisst in the story and i wont ruin it fr you, but the anime is so rushed in every aspect you spend 12 episodes just thinking to yourself "jesus, what the f***** is going on" and by the time you reach episode 5 " f*** me, this anime cant get any worse" at the end of it all, if you call that an ending, there is somewhat anger that you have wasted time in your life watching this shit, and joy that Netflix, was able to give these artists a chance but also realise that you can only promote a bunch of shit for so long and ended it at episode 12.

As always i emplore people to watch for yourself and see. Be interesting if you think the same words to yourself as well

Fluffs's avatar
Sep 19, 2019

I had very high expectations for this anime and I was really disappointed with how it turned out.

Story premise sounds great, I love this type of series (post-apocalyptic, survival, Lord of the Flies style) and while manga is probably pretty great this adaptation was just eh.

Animation was done by Gonzo and it wasn't that amazing. My main issues were that the lightning was pretty weird in some scenes (really bright, blurry) and that some highly disturbing scenes were made ridiculous with how they were animated. Voice acting was okay, OST wasn't memorable.

Characters were pretty annoying. It could be because they tried to squeeze them all in 12 episodes and none of them really got any development. Introducing all groups was a little confusing, character intentions aren't always clear, some minor chars are mentioned once, overlooked, and then mentioned again randomly. Flashbacks introduce even more characters and overall it can be quite confusing.

From what I gather this is supposed to have 2 more parts and I really hope they are a little better than this because this just felt like they butchered the source material.