18if

Add review
Sapphiire's avatar
Aug 23, 2017

Seeing as how the only review of this is pretty negative, I'll leave my more positive review of this series.

Yes, it has a weird start, perhaps could have been done better, but I don't think it really took away much from the series. This series is one of those kinds where you can watch any episode after you know the basics of things with the whole Sleeping Beauty Syndrome and our main character helping these girls.

There's an ongoing plot point, but it isn't the focus of any episode so far. Each person that is helped has different problems that main character deals with in different ways, I personally think it's fun and a good psychological story.

The animation uses color very well to display different emotions and moods of the moment, from bright colors and more subdued tones. And take into consideration that most scenes are in a dream before critiquing how "badly drawn" something might be.

I wouldn't say this series is for everyone because no series really is everyone's cup of tea. But I'd say give it a try at first and see how it goes. And if you don't care for it, then that's fine. It's not one of my favorites this season, but I do like keeping up with and seeing all the different characters.

newman's avatar
Oct 10, 2017

This series has a dark start, and maintains a theme of controversial topics to hold interest. it’s not horrible, but it’s not great either just average. I recommend a watch when bored and nothing else to watch or are waiting for a new episode of the show you’re currently watching.

The main characters are interesting and fleshed out while holding a bit of mystery throughout the story. The plot is a little out there, and has a good premise. At least it’s different I don’t think I have seen many with the same plot premise. The one place this anime does shine it the multiple art stiles. In each episode the art stile changes. Almost akin to Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica. You could even say it pulls a lot from the show Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica, but no ware near as good.  Sound quality is ok voice acting ok conveying proper emotional responses.

All said and done I recommend a watch for an average experience with a little shock value. It’s not a show for everyone, I must say it doesn’t deserve to get the low scores it has now but like I said an average. I give the series 5.5/10.

5.5/10 overall
thekingofthewalrus's avatar
Jul 30, 2017

This is a pile. Extremely jumpy and eratic. Those seeing this in a positive light, well, I would relate them to those that like to watch D/F horror movies for a laugh, don't wast your time.

Adephi's avatar
Dec 25, 2017

Though the first episode is kind of shaky, the show quickly pulled me in and by the second episode I was completely hooked. The ending had me in tears.

Granted, it’s not for everyone, but well worth it if you want something different.