yuelio's avatar

yuelio

• Joined Dec 23, 2007

Aoi Hana

Mar 26, 2010

First of all, if you were expecting hot lesbian sex action, this anime is defintely not for you. There's not even fanservice, or anything like that. Now that's not the reason of such a low score on this one, you see.

Overall the story is quite dramatic and tries to be mellow and sad, almost all the time. Even the happy moments are stained of tears, and heartbreaking memories. Personally I believe is ideal for people who love to get depressed but not for me.

The love scenes on the other hand are always soft, shy, dull or without passion. It's true that there's more chemistry in A-chan's and Fumi's friendship that in ANY other relationships here. Putting out when Fumi is pissed of with ... won't tell, Akira and Fumi's friendship and the borning love of Fumi's friend for certain brother, every other relationship is dull, pathetic or too mellow or freaky to my taste.

I just felt emotions two times, laughter in a ghost story cliche and sadness where the truth on Sugimoto's head is revealed to her.

The drawings are quite sweet but nothing that we haven't seen before. The only thing I must admit I like are the backgrounds and the soft colors used on every place. The use of light and dark is well suited  too for every environment... what a pity for the characters that have as dull moves and simple animations as a paper bag floating by the wind.

Well the opening and ending were not very special but they are pretty kind and light, ideal for the job, as for the background music that makes you want to cut your arms several times with a little sugar on the top.  Hated the voices... they had to choose between not having any emotion at all as Sugimoto's or screaming babies as A-chan and Fumi's friends.

And finally I come to the part where I hated this serie... every character is a selfish ... and I don't know if I can say the other word here... starts with W... let to your imaginations. The only character I give a point is for A-chan's sweet behaviour and maybe Sugimoto's sisters...

The others minds are trapped inside their own selfish needs and confused by their emotions. Every character, cuz I'm not stoping in love but I could include brother complex or maybe... just maybe this is too japanese for me. Its true its another culture and I can't understand their emotions but... still I hate selfish characters...I hate heroes that want to makes us believe they are in love or in pain but actually, they were the ones which produced that pain to others or are fooling their own hearts. So I just recomend this serie if you REALLY are ok with this way of seeing things.

4.5/10 overall