vongolajake's avatar

vongolajake

• Tokyo, 20th Ward
  • Joined Oct 28, 2013

Yuuta Togashi is a seemingly normal boy about to start his first year of highschool. he has pledged to leave his middle school life as a chuunibyou behind and to erase the memories of his alias The Dark Flame Master. He makes a friend easily and everything seems like it is going to be a great start to a normal highschool life, that is til he meets Rikka Takanashi, a girl who is overflowing with eight grade syndrome.

Animation: Say what you want but i really enjoyed the animation and character art work of Chuunibyou. i thought KyoAni did a wonderful job and the animation of the "fight"/action scenes looked well done and fascinating to watch.

Story: I have to admit the story doesn't really pick up much until more than half way through the show, but it was definitely a fun one.I also really enjoyed the way the creator progressed it and the ending wrapped up very nicely but made me feel like there should be more which is why i was estatic when i found out they were making a second season.

Sound: In my opinion the opening and ending songs are truly amazing and are very enjoyable to listen to, along with that all the sounds and Bgm of chuunibyou was fun and i felt like it really fit well with the show.

Characters: I admit the characters are not anything special or over the top but i felt like they were perfect for this shows mood and were quite enjoyable to watch. The way the characters interacted with each other and the way their relationships grew throughout the story was very well done in my opinion.

Overall: Unknowingly Chuunibyou was the first Anime i watched from KyoAni and im glad because i felt like it was a great show to be introduced to and get familiar with KyoAni's art style and the way they project their characters. Overall Chuunibyou was a really fun show to watch. I found it funny and really enjoyed the animation of it along with the few action scenes it presented. i really like the way Yuuta's and Rikka's relationship progressed and i can not wait for season two :)