vivafruit's avatar

• Boulder, CO
  • Joined Nov 27, 2004

Maison Ikkoku

Jul 21, 2011

I haven't actually watched any of this anime, but I thought it would be fun to write a review for it!

The animation and music are miserably dated, with awful JPop and 80's era TV visuals. The real problem, however, is not the outdated technical aspects, but the obsolete writing. Maisson Ikkoku starts well and then squanders its characters on an episodic plot that doesn't flow well for modern audiences. The humor is equally dated, consisting largely of bad ecchi jokes and stupid slapstick. As the protagonist meanders cluelessly through his improbable romance AND/OR love triangle, we are teased with possible development that is never actually delivered. With 96 grueling episodes that ultimately go nowhere, this is certainly not worth watching. I sure didn't!

SANC16 Sep 23, 2013

Oh boy, and I thought making a review when a person hadn't seen all of an anime was stupid but this, this review right here is one of the worst I;ve ever seen and that says a lot but the scary thing is, it all might turn out to be true!

Mantis Aug 27, 2012

You're a moron. Please, proceed to promptly jump into a large furnace. :)

NicoNicoDesu Jul 14, 2012

So you've seen, really, only one percent of this show? Still, funny review, in a very awkward kind of way.