vivafruit

Full Moon wo Sagashite

14 OCT
2009

Every once in a while, after I finish watching an anime, something extraordinary occurs; I'll sit back, and blankly stare off into space. The anime will have affected me so deeply that I remain completely dumbstruck even after the credits have finished. Full Moon wo Sagashite is one of the few animes to have instigated this phenomenon; after I finished watching it, all I could do was gape at my empty computer screen.

What started out as merely a guilty pleasure soon became something I genuinely cared about. After about episode 10, I loved everything about the anime, from the girly character designs to the terrible JPop. Though I downloaded the anime expecting forgettable shoujo, what I received was far better. Full Moon wo Sagashite is a gloriously beautiful mixture of love, comedy, and melodrama. It hooks you from the start and doesn't let go until all 52 episodes are done.

It doesn't matter if you hate shoujo. It doesn't matter if you hate long animes. It doesn't matter if you hate JPop. It doesn't matter if you hate love stories. It doesn't matter if you hate tragedies. No matter how jaded you think you are, you need to see this.

Other Anime Reviews by vivafruit

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou user review by vivafruit

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

Hitsuji no Uta user review by vivafruit

Hitsuji no Uta

• Animation N/A
  • Sound N/A
  • Characters N/A
  • Overall 8.5/10

comments

default avatar WittyKatts
Aug 15, 2010

I laughed, not because I thought what you said was funny, but because I'm amazed at how accurate your review is. But I'm gonna say right now, I prefer the manga. :)

babyeinstein12 avatar babyeinstein12
Mar 6, 2010

As sincere as you sound here, I'll admit that I giggled on every paragraph. This might go on my WTW list now. ;)

leaded avatar leaded
Jan 27, 2010

That last paragraph has convinced me to watch this :)