veryanonymous's avatar

veryanonymous

• Joined Apr 21, 2013

Amagami SS

Apr 22, 2013

For Your Infomation: Amagami SS is the first season of the Amagami series, the second season is called Amagami SS+ or Amagami SS Plus, I will referred it to Amagami SS Plus.  I STRONGLY encourage you to watch season 1 to get season 2

Story: 8/10

Amagami SS is an anime based on a PS2 Dating Sim games called Amagami, this anime is prequel to Amagami SS+ Plus(that for a later review).  The series follow a boy named Junichi Tachibana, a second year high school student, he disliked celebrating christmas because two years ago his date stood him up on Christmas Eve.  Junchi have giving up on love, but one of these six girls: Haruka Morishima, Kaoru Tanamachi, Sae Nakata, Ai Nanasaki, Rihoko Sakurai and Tsukasa Ayatsuji will make his heart open to love again.  What unique about this anime is the creator gave these girls there own arc.  Most romance anime normally it like a harem, where one guy, who whole bunch of girls, where the main guy has to choose one of the girl, and the rest of us like really you choose her, and alot of us are unsatified with the choice that the main character makes, but this anime give what everybody wants, where he end of with each of the girl in different scenario and different arcs.  It really like a dating sim game where you restart all over to get that girl.  That what really like about this anime, it pleased everyone, one of the story arc leave me like WTF at the end I won't spoil it for you, you have to find out, but I have to say to get full enjoyment of this anime you need to watch Amagami SS and Amagami SS Plus(That will be in a later review).  There are 2 special they did one contain a hidden love interest name Risa Kamizaki, and one is about his sister where she follow him and see what his dealio.  I find myself enjoying this anime.  The Amagami series (Amagami SS and Amagami SS Plus) is one of my favorite romance anime done right.  So creator need to takes note on this anime, see how real amazing done dating sim anime should have been done.

Animation: 10/10

The animation in Amagami SS is beautifully done right.  You could tell by the character and animation that the animator put love in this beautifully done anime.

Sound: 10/10

The sound is superb, because each of the girl arc the voice actor sing there opening and ending them.  The character have there own unique to the voice actors.

Characters: 10/10

The character in Amagami SS have there own unique personality to it, that what I love about this anime.  With good romance you need good character where the audience could love the character.  With only four episode for each girl to show what there personality is, I have to stay that it execute it well.  Haruka is the school idol who fickle and insecure who love cute things like puppies, Kaoru is a Junchi childhood friend who the unpredictable girl who abusive Junchi, Sae is the cute and shy girl who is friend with Junchi sister, Ai is the athletic girl who friend with Junchi sister she is cool and calm, Rihoko is Junchi childhood friend who have a big appetite and also clumsy, and Tsukasa is the hardworking class rep, but I can't talk about much about because that might spoiled her story arc, and Risa, a hidden character in both game and anime, she is love with Junchi since grade school and have been secretly stalking him, I cannot talk to much about this character, it will spoil the special.

Overall: 9/10

This is a dating sim adaption done right!!!  I give Amagami SS 9 of 10 because one of the story arc, but the Amagami series(Amagami SS and Amagami SS Plus) receive a 10 out 10 for me.  To the unique of this anime and the character is done right to it bone, it gaves us lovable character.  I can't pick what is my favorite story arc because it was done good, but I have to say it have to be Tsukasa arc, and I even love the Risa special.