default avatar

• Joined Aug 27, 2010
  • 34 / ?

Ranma 1/2

Sep 20, 2010

Ranma is a truly amazing manga, one of my favourites, one of the best. Funny as sin and quite a good story too with some nifty action scenes. I love it.

The anime meanwhile....ack...Well...the anime is a different matter.

Its decent. Don't get me wrong but....it just doesn't work. With the first series they concentrate far too much on the romance and miss out the fun. They can't decide if their target demographic is girls or boys so fall flat aiming for either.

When the anime was being made still this was recognised as a problem. It was not a great success early on. As such they shook things up. Introduced Shampoo early and made the whole thing sillier.

But still...I dunno. It just doesn't work in the same way the manga does. Its plot arcs are too long for how silly they are. It shows its age badly too.

I would definitely recommend you check out Ranma. Though stick to the manga. Not the anime.

XXOSSISXX says...

no lie this show was some what good but overall they could alteast of ended the last episode differrent but know that it is all over there was still alot of big Holes missing alot of thing that never happen when in fact they were supouse to happen there for out of a scale of 1-5 i would give this show a 2.5 only because its a really good story line with some comedy and romance but overall when i t came down weather or  not it would finish the story. completley it sadly lack on that therefore my answer was a 2.5

Oct 10, 2010