triplestrike's avatar

• Joined Jan 25, 2011
  • 24 / ?

Valkyria Chronicles

Feb 7, 2012

I played a fair amount of this game before I started the anime so I already knew what I was getting myself into. The story can be referenced as similar to true experiences throughout history. In a nutshell you follow Squad 7 as they fight to defend Gallia in a war set environment.

The animation has a unique stlye to it. It looks kind of scratched or rubbed, after a while you won't notice it. I really like it, everyone in a while you'll re-notice it and that is pretty neat.

I really enjoy the 2nd opening. The sound is spot on and solid. I watched this subbed and the voices were all really great.

Welkin is a stand up guy and a great leader, not like most other people. The rest of the squad doesn't get much spotlight.

Overall, this anime starts out really slow for a while, nothing really GRABS you but over time you will find it more and more enjoyable to watch. It you like things set in WW1 era or maybe you'd like to try something a little different this is a solid choice. Not a bad anime at all but a little slow for a while.

8.5/10 animation