triplestrike's avatar

triplestrike

• Joined Jan 25, 2011
  • 23 / ?

Life is hard. Life is not fair. Life still has moments of undying beauty that can change your life even if the ending doesn't go as you intend. This anime is a bit of a niche for a number of reasons. One being it is a collection of short stories, most anime don't operate that may. Two being the theme of the short stories, Distance. Many shows deal with distance but usually not in a manner as focused as this anime. Three being it is a slow paced show, one without action that says a lot with setting and music.

The stories presented here are touching. Spoilers, they are also hard to handle for some. Everything presented looks great, especially since the show takes time to specifically show moments of beauty. The music plays so well into feeling of the scenes and is the glue that holds the theme together as something more encompassing than you normally encounter.

The characters are strong. They figure things out on their own, they spent time thinking and don't make reckless decisions. Having something so strong that it changes all your decisions can truly be something of malevolent beauty.

Overall this show is great. It really really touched my heart. If you feel like nobody appreciates the beautiful moments the same way you do then this anime is something you really need to watch. I feel like this anime will be on my mind for a long time but I can't give it a higher rating due to lack of closure, even if that is the way it goes. Which it does, life and love is brutal.

8.5