triplestrike's avatar

• Joined Jan 25, 2011
  • 24 / ?

Mushishi

Jun 3, 2013

Good old fashioned story telling. Mushishi is something not everybody will like, it is slow, doesn’t have a lot of action, and no panty shots; it is different from a lot of anime out there. That being said, Mushishi spends its time in the moment, building a story, ending a story, and doing it all over again. This show can be watched out of order if necessary. Each episode is something special to be enjoyed.

The characters are not the flamboyant characters you usually see in anime however; there are some really unique characters here, primarily Ginko, the stories protagonist. Our hero sticks to his morals and always tries to help, has a mysterious past, and an uncertain future, really an ideal protagonist for this type of storytelling.

Music is always fitting and knows how to build tension. Often times it relies on very little, bells here or there, dialogue takes main stage.

Animation looks really great. The style and characters are fairly normal but the mushi, they are a different story. Effectively representing such intriguing species was not easy I wager. They certainly feel special and different from everything else in the show. The subtle beauty of this show surely shows itself to those who are paying attention.

I believe that Mushishi is a series I will come back to and enjoy again. Something so beautiful and creative surly has my appreciation and admiration.

9.7

Still my favorite anime.

Aug 13, 2013
Kutatsu says...

Nice review

i do like the laid back feel the show has

Jun 3, 2013