tinaditte's avatar

• Joined Dec 7, 2012
  • 21 / ?

Sakamichi no Apollon

Feb 6, 2013

This anime is not overranked!

I Must say this is far one of the best anime i've watched. It has it all! I love the plot is about this boy having a tough time with life. Im a sucker for these kinds of main characters! Then he starts to make friends and experience feelings he never have experience before.

Though I will say that if you're not a fan of music, this might not be for you. Since Im myself is a piano player, I love that the music is getting them together.

The anime have a great distribution with friendship, life story, love and obstacles. Its really fit for a 10/10 rating!

It is really worth trying!

The story takes place in the 60'es, or at least thats my guess. Im actually not sure. But they love Jazz, their outfits and the way they act, the surronding tecknology is all saying that this takes place somewhere after WWII.. (Just checked it up on Wokipedia, 1966, I was right!)
Even though Im not a fan of historical animes i must say this one took away my heart. Im head over heels inlove with this, even though its having so many parts to it, that i normally would avoid. There is nothing to complain about in this anime, its not slow paced at any rate, I wasn't borred at anytime. There is really not a single episode that made me wanna skip it. I simply love the story... I love the ending as well.. You NEED to watch this!

dmholman says...

I have to agree ... loved this anime.  I see some people bashing it saying that for an anime about jazz, there isn't enough jazz in it.  And I keep thinking, but .. it's not a show -about- jazz.  The jazz is the catalyst.

Anyway, awesome anime.  I don't know if I'd give it a 10/10 (still searching for that perfect anime for me), but easily 8.5 to 9 out of 10.

PS. Yea, I think the timeframe starts in 1966.  In episode 7, Pops tells Sentaro that he's in mourning because Coltrane has died.  Coltrane died in July of '67 and that episode is about a year after the first episode.

Feb 18, 2013