tinaditte's avatar

• Joined Dec 7, 2012
  • 21 / ?

Clannad

Jan 7, 2013

Clannad and Clannad after life left such a good impression on me after i watched it. Even though the story line is confrusing and the ending even more, the plot and overall theme is great!

Clannad is in many way refering to my personal situation. Tomoya, who is the main character, experience a hard time with his dad. Her mom died when he was little, which left a hard time on Tomoyas father. He have ben drinking ever since. Tomoya have a hard time being home, there isn't a place he hates more than being home. He also hates the town, which reminds him too much of the time with his mother.
Then he bumps into Nigisa who have a hard time making friends, since she needed to repeat her 3rd year in high school. Nigisa has a weak body which cost her many sick days from school and social times.

The story is about Tomoya and Nigisa and the paralelle univers. A girl and a robot is constanly trying to find a better place in this paralelle universe. I still don't quite get the idea of the paralelle universe, but I know that its bound to Nigisa.

when Nigisa were little she had a high fever, which almost cost her life. Her dad were running to the forest, begging for help to save his daugther. After his pray, Nigisa was bound to the place and the paralelle universe represents this place.

The robot probaly reperesent Tomoya. The place is slowely being build on, coseing Nigisa's condition worse. and She once again is absent from school and once again she need to repeat the year...

Tomoya passes high school and finds a job.

Clannad is about so much more, and need to be watch! It can be confrusing but it is really one of the best anime i ever watched!