thesonicfan21's avatar

• Joined Jul 23, 2010
  • 20 / ?

Cowboy Bebop

Feb 11, 2011

Cowboy Bebop is yet another Lupin III show. But this time, it features a group of poor bounty hunters who must fight bad guys, hunt down bounty heads, and cheat on things (which is Spike's abilitiy) to earn money.

Spike - Spike is a martial arts genius. He is also fearless and somewhat mischeivious who is tied to his past of Julia, his ex-girlfriend. Well, although Spike may be sensitive and carefree, he is really just your average guy.

Jet - Jet claims to be the controller of the ship so mainly he just gives advice to all of the bounty hunters on the ship. He is also a former ISSP officer and ex-cop. Once called the "Black Dog" by his fellow officers for nature, he also has a cybernetic arm which happens to make him a cyborg. And therefore, he has his own ship called the Hammerhead, and also has an ex-girlfriend who happens to be named Alisa.

Faye - Faye is a hot-headed and slightly bossy woman. She loves gambling and likes to argue with Spike when she needs to, well, anybody. She pilots a generic heavy plane called Red Tail.

Edward - The youngest of the group is a hyperactive, talkative, and eccentric kid. She joins the group much later in the series and happens to be using her hands for feet and vice versa. She is in love with Ein (we'll talk about him next) and she is given a very long name.

Ein - Ein is a Welsh Corgi who appears to have a lot of intelligence for a dog. He is a friend of Ed and is identified as a "data dog" by scientists.

Vicious - Vicious is mainly just a rival and ex-partner of Spike. He is involved with the Red Dragons Crime Syndicate.

The main thing I like about this show is Spike. He's a really funny and mischeivious guy and by far my top favorite. You will fall in love with him. Edward is crazy and always gets on my nerves and Faye's always one-upping Spike, though that doesn't make her annoying though, she's somewhat funny, but she's always perfecting Spike so I'm not really a huge fan of Faye.

The show consits of many genre: Comedy, Drama, Action, Adventure, Crime, Mystery, Thriller, Horror, Western and many more. And that's part of what makes the show fun to watch.

Even though the animation's a little corny, it pretty much fits the undertone of the show, and the characters are fun to watch. My favorite episodes are Mushroom Samba, Brain Scracth, Jupiter Jazz Part I, and Honky Tonk Woman even though I heard that episodes like Pierrot Le Fou or Ballad of Fallen Angels were amazing.

One thing though, the show is funny but there are some spoilers in the end and I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but the show is really mixed.

9.9/10 animation