thesonicfan21

Azumanga Daioh - The Very Short Movie

11 JAN
2011

After watching that stupid, crappy, kiddish Azumanga Web Daioh, I was really astounded by this. It follows the series on the high school girls. Chiyo's pigtails have been plucked off. The girls now have to find a way to make everything clear.

Story: The story was really good. Like I said, I love that twist where Osaka accidentally plucks off Chiyo's pigtails and then the high school girls do whatever it takes to make it all better.

Animation: The animation was the best! Better than I thought. Well, it's just kinda like any anime movie would look like. The characters smoothed, the artwork improved, and more of musical piece (music score I mean). It also features new sounds, dialogue and a lot of new twists. Such as Azumanga could have. So the animation was really cutesy.

Sound: The English Dub, especially Chiyo's sobbing was really cute. I also liked the girls' voices. Very cutesy. And if there were any music in there, I'd say it was really bouncy.

Characters: My favorite has been Chiyo-chan after watching this. Since I'm a guy, I used to dislike girls especially happy ones, but Chiyo was just too damn cute and I loved all of the girls' personalities. I liked Osaka too. My least favorite is Sakaki.

Overall: Wow, that was really good. Do yourself a favor and watch this. Or just watch the show first and then this. This should appeal to fans of the show.

Other Anime Reviews by thesonicfan21