thesonicfan21

My Neighbor Totoro

17 AUG
2010

This movie is definetely not one of Miyazaki's best films, but it's very memorable and if you watched it as a little kid, it would definetely bring you back memories as well as his other film, Kiki's Delivery Service. This time, it focuses on two little girls set in the 50s who live in a Haunted House with their father while their mother is ill in the hospital.

Story: Its story is not one of Miyazaki's best plots, but it has a very original idea. Focusing on kids being taken to a new home with creepy-crawling things and await their ill mother while they meet up with a forest spirit called Totoro. I think this had to be Miyazaki's shortest length time film ever.

Animation: It's animation was like old-style childhood-memories animation style. However, I wasn't born in the 80s so I can't make a habit out of it, but it's pretty good animation style.

Sound: I didn't like... well, the english dub was okay, it just needed to sound more different because Sasuke sounded like she was nine when she's obviously older than that, and Mei sounds like a six year old when she's supposed to be around four. The music I didn't really care about, though. But some of them were interesting, 80s style.

Characters: I liked the idea of Mei, Sasuke and the Nanny. The kids were cute and act like their age (well kinda) but they were cute and the Nanny took very good care of them as they grew up in their new haunted house.

Overall: 8.0 This film is good for all ages, but has not a good plot. And therefore, not the best Myazaki film but is very original.

Other Anime Reviews by thesonicfan21