thesonicfan21's avatar

• Joined Jul 23, 2010
  • 20 / ?

Alien Nine

Jul 25, 2010

I wouldn't say that this is the worst anime ever. But if it were me, I would rate it a score of 6.0. Instead, I rated it a 1.0.

The series revolves around Yuri crying every once in a while, and her students try to help her get over her fears. But sadly, she's not conquering her fears and her cries; she just likes to cry.

Story: I didn't get the plot at all. Why does a teacher have to have sixth grade students join an alien party and fight aliens? I don't get it. Little kids are NOT supposed to be fighting with frightening things (especially on rollerblades) until they're eighteen. I know this is a little bit like Sailor Moon or Card Captor Sakura and whatnot, but this anime has always been the darkest and weirdest anime I ever seen. And the worst thing about it is the main character crying every five seconds. Please review the characters below.

Animation: The animation, well, more like other anime, but its artwork isn't too bad. But the bad thing about the animation is the crying and everything. Like when Yuri grows the white hair for some reason, and her eyes growing while she starts crying big tears.

Sound: The audio and music is an absoloute mess and annoying. Even the themes are annoying. The English Dub was annoying and did not fit the characters at all. The kids sound like teenagers or something not young kids. And the music was absoloutely annoying, I'm dead serious.

Characters: The characters especially Yuri are the only mess in this show I've ever seen. But the borgs I think are somewhat cute, but are just strange. Yuri, the main character, cries about everything. Spoilers: She cries while playing a recorder, she cries when she takes a bath, and she cries about aliens (mostly). She cries about everything else, too and just doesn't seem to cry of happiness.

Overall: 1.7/10 this is the strangest anime I ever seen in lifetime and I would not convince my kids to watch it (not even if they're old enough to watch it).

1.6/10 story
1.5/10 animation
1.8/10 sound
1.7/10 overall

Wyr3d says...

I agree wholehearted, though I wonder about your understanding of the english language. You seem to go off on a tangent at times during your review, and more than once contradict yourself. But then, having suffered the nightmare of watching this rubbish, it's understandable I suppose.IMO, I think this is one of those "if you haven't read the manga, you just won't get it" anime, tht leaves everyone wonder just what the Hell is going on throughout. It doesn't help that the company producing it went bankrupt, and never continued the storyline any further.That said, it was really awful. I had the double misfortune of having to watch the dubious English dub, so maybe it's the awful voice acting that really grinds my gears, but to be honest, there's not much of any worth to be said bout this series.In truth, the best part was probably the Ash Ketchem cameo with the cicada incident. And since some bit-part joke is the highlight of the series, is says a lot about the...(I hesitate to use the word "quality" as I feel the word is tainted in the use)...overall.My advise would be, read the manga before watching. And maybe not even that. The time wasted on this could be better spent on something with a plot.

May 21, 2013
EmoNovember says...

I Respect what you have said, but i really dont think it was a "mess".it was interesting to read you're review, i just wish you had of actually paid attention and read between everytime yuri cry'sits quite a common thing that people cry when they are scared, she does it cause she was brought up, not having to do any chores or anything!So thats a clear reason why she cry's alot

Jan 14, 2013
sexualgoku says...

"I wouldn't say that this is the worst anime ever. But if it were me, I would rate it a score of 6.0. Instead, I rated it a 1.0."

What on earth is this supposed to mean? Are you a schizophrenic?

Feb 22, 2011
Rezagrats says...

This show kind of reminds me of 'Eden of the East' because the teachers are obviously competing for something each year  (bar scene).

" I didn't get the plot at all. Why does a teacher have to have sixth grade students join an alien party and fight aliens?" They seem to be competing for something(it's not only school #9, there's more schools, too), not sure what though... but from what i can recall, the alien protection party isn't middle school only, it's also offered in high school as well- most likely through the same process (voting).

you also seem to be inconsistant: "the series revolves around Yuri crying every once in a while"; "And the worst thing about it is the main character crying every five seconds".

'once in a while' does not mean 'every five seconds'

" The animation, well, more like other anime, but its artwork isn't too bad." = ?

Also, she grows white hair because the 'cap' fell off (the alien on top is basically an interface unit that controls the hair and feeds from the host) and she couldn't control it. the teachers/principal have hair much like Yuri's white hair, except they can control it.

lastly: don't even mention dubs... they're horrible to begin, never has one been released where it was perfect in the sense that it could replace the original audio. Dubs = irrelevant.

Aug 7, 2010