theshonen8899's avatar

• Davis
  • Joined May 29, 2010

Pale Cocoon

Aug 31, 2010

Stunning animation, beautiful artwork, good character designs and a perfect atmosphere can only do so much to cover the fact that there is no plot, no plot at all. The current trend in our modern media today is to try to say as much as possible with as little as possible, and this a perfect example of where this crosses the line. People can try to make up their own observations of what this anime is truly attempting to convey but in the end, the author really exerted no effort relaying very much at all. That being said, this really is a remarkable feat in animation and design but when compared to works like Eve no Jikan with both stunning animation and profound episodes, I can't help but feel Pale Cacoon is merely eye candy.

LeaT says...

I agree with you that there is no plot, because there was never meant to be one in the first place. Simply, the plot is to "observe", and this is why this anime actually comes off as so powerful. I find it incredibly unfair giving it a 6 due to its lack of plot, when the lack of plot is an intended move to get the main point across.

Jun 26, 2011
Uzair says...

I recently finished Pale COcoon

Sorry, but i will disagree

Ur review...... It means u failed to understand the story.

An awesome story.

The way to convey ur message, this is the awesome artwork with brilliant blend of emotions and ......*Spoillers*

Still , u can dig in to the story with the help of this review- this show is thought-provoking, so u gotta pay full attention to understand

It contains spoilers too: