thegoldenwaste

Tekkon Kinkreet

22 FEB
2011

Welcome to my twelfth anime community review for Anime-Planet. This review I am taking on the movie Tekkon Kinkreet, an anime film from Studio 4C. As usual, no spoilers and comments would be greatly appreciated, I also like criticism and reviews of my review. It helps me know what to do different in future reviews. Thanks for reading, check out my other reviews and onto the review.

Story; In Treasure Town, life can be both gentle and brutal. This is never truer for our heroes, Black and White, two street urchins who watch over the city, doing battle with an array of old-world Yakuza and alien assassins vying to rule the decaying metropolis. It's pretty unique if I do say so myself. I mean, really, a character named Black and one named White. You got Yakuza and aliens too. That is some interesting stuff there and it is what originally piqued my interest in the film and that is a fact. The main moral of the story is that life is harsh and you may despise where you live, but you still must protect it so you can live. That is what I got out of the film anyway.

Animation; Done by Studio 4C, the famous and somewhat perhaps pretentious animation studio that brought you beautiful pieces such as Mind Game and Mahou Shoujo Tai (also known as Tweeny Witches, the animation is solid and beautiful. Breathtaking, unique and beautiful in its own way. It's spectacular to behold the movements of the characters. It's even more so amazing to watch the city decay and appear to be busy with life. There are some gorgeous background shots periodically. If you can get a high definition version, go for it. It will astound you.

Sound; An excellent overall soundtrack and background music. Very beautiful and majestic numbers done by the artists involved in this film. The ending them song is called "A Town in Blue" and it's sung by Asian Kung-fu Generation. You should know who they are by now. If you do, not where have you been? Really, where? Very beautiful music, it should go without saying but I will say it anyway. It's beautiful. I am impartial to the English cast because I felt more authentic casting over the Japanese cast. Pick whichever you like of of course.

Characters; You will more than likely fall in love with the tough, but loving Black. Likewise can be said about the innocent but kind White. Chances are pretty good you will  find you have a deep emotional connection in some way to them and their issues especially if you have a younger or older brother or sister. I found myself relating several times. You will laugh and cry. It's a likable group of people in Treasure Town.

Overall; I urge everyone, as a fan of animation in general, to pick up and watch this film. You will not regret it. I can promise you that you will find so much to enjoy, whether it be the animation, the characters, the story, the soundtrack -- you will find something about it to love or perhaps even everything.

Other Anime Reviews by thegoldenwaste

Hajime no Ippo user review by thegoldenwaste

Hajime no Ippo

Gun x Sword user review by thegoldenwaste

Gun x Sword

overall score: 8.1/10

Kaleido Star user review by thegoldenwaste

Kaleido Star