Currently watching: Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting, Captain Earth, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Bakuman, No Game No Life.
I'm just your average student who loves anime and video games.
My favourite Mangaka is Yoshiro Togashi, he's a genius.
My favourite animation studios are Production I.G and Madhouse because they animate things properly.
I despise Kyoto Animation and Studio Pierrot. They can't animate for shit.
My top 10 shows are:
1. Hunter x Hunter (2011) (The epitome of fighting Shounen)
2. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle (Including the OVA's)
3. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (Including Stardust Crusaders)
4. Rebuild of Evangelion
5. Hajime no Ippo
6. Eden of the East
7. Katekyo Hitman Reborn
8. Berserk (I like both the series and movies equally)
9. Yu Yu Hakusho
10. Sword Art Online
The ten most overrated Anime ever are:
1. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Due to poor character development, horrible pacing and having some really, really stupid "plot twists" and retarded villains.
2. Fairy Tail - Due to no character development whatsoever, a predictable and cheesy plot and for copying every other Shounen ever made.
3. Free! Iwatobi Swim Club - I could go on forever with this one. Go read my review. It sucks.
4. Naruto: Shippudden - The plot is just getting stupid now. I still really enjoy it but sometimes I ask myself: "Why am I still watching/reading this?"
5. Bleach - Due to repeating the same plot over and over again, with tons of plot armour and convenient 1 on 1 battles every time, where no one dies ever.
6. Attack on Titan - It's a good show, and I really do love it. It's in my top 10. But is it really the best show ever like everyone keeps saying it is? No, there's a few that are better.
7. Code Geass - I really like this show, but the second season was full of asspulls and tons of stuff happened just because. Still a very good show, but it's not worthy of its universial acclaim.
8. One Piece - It's a very good Shounen, but the pacing is terrible sometimes, and it's definitely not the best Anime of all time like it's crazy sales would suggest. It's also gone downhill since the Timeskip which is a shame. I still love it.
9. Death Note - It's a gateway Anime that is universally acclaimed by all. Need I say more?
10. Black Butler - It's Fujioshi bait. I don't need to say anything else. It's also filled with retarded characters and plot conveniences.
My favourite genres are:
Battle Shounen, Mecha, Mystery and anything with a unique concept or something fresh.
My least favourite genres are:
Slice of life, Sports, Moe, or anything that is a rehash of stuff that's been done time and time again.
"Hunter x Hunter" is the greatest Anime ever concieved due a well written plot, well developed characters, unexpected plot twists, intelligent battles, and it's deconstruction of the entire Shounen Genre. I will never be able to get over the fact that the show has ended prematurely.
"Free! Iwatobi Swim Club" is the worst Anime ever concieved due to being the exact opposite. A poorly written story, undeveloped and cliche, cut and past characters, a predictable plot, and simply being a rehash of the same slice of life shit Kyoto Animation always does. It's overrated.
My top 5 Male Anime characters are:
1. Killua Zoldyck (Hunter x Hunter)
2. Fai D. Flourite (Tsubasa)
3. Dio Brando (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
4. Kirito/Kazuto Kirigaya (Sword Art Online)
5. Akira Takizawa (Eden of the East)
My top 5 Female Anime Characters:
1. Asuna Yuuki (Sword Art Online)
2. Lucy Heartfillia (Fairy Tail)
3. Seres Victoria (Hellsing/Hellsing Ultimate)
4. Princess Sakura (Tsubasa)
5. Inori Yuzuriha (Guilty Crown)
I write reviews on here whenever I feel like it. I can be very critical, even of shows I enjoy.
I prefer English Dubs because it's the language I speak.
I don't really like "casual" anime fans/weeaboo's. They are annoying, and they make us look bad.
I can't stand people who act like they know everything about the Anime medium when all they watch is popular fighting Shounen like Fairy Tail and Naruto. Broaden your horizons kids.
I play video games a lot, I like JRPG's the most. I dislike WRPG's and FPS games.
I don't read Manga very often, and I always prefer Anime over it. Something about stuff moving just it more engaging to watch.
I read Light Novels. Outside of those, I read Horror and Fantasy novels. Darren Shan remains my favourite author to this day. I also really like David Eddings.
I do Let's Plays on YouTube of games I like. My username is "TheChronosCat". I'm on indefinite hiatus just now due to equipment and time issues.
I also make AMV's sometimes. Not too often. They're also on my YouTube channel.
I'm a Nintendo fanboy, but I love all of the systems, and play them all. My favourite consoles are my Wii U and PS3. I'm currently playing Tales of Xillia 2.
I really enjoy Runescape, and play frequently.
I study Games Design at University. I'm in my last year.
I enjoy writing, but can never find the time nor patience to do it.
I collect figures, I have about 20 or so at the moment.
I actually buy my anime, as opposed to downloading it illegally. I only download shows that aren't released here on DVD, mostly subtitled shows. Once they are released here however, I buy them.
I am a big fan of Metal music, my favourite bands are Coheed and Cambria and Stratovarius.
I am very critical when it comes to anything entertainment wise, and I tend to find at least one fault in everything.
Want to know more? Comment here or add my Skype: "TheChronosCat"
My review ratings system:
10/10 - An absolute masterpiece! Why aren't you watching this?!: Reserved for only the perfect shows, that are flawless in every aspect. A true masterpiece that you should be watching.
9/10 - It's sheer brilliance if there ever was such a thing. Watch it. Now.: Only the truly amazing shows that are among the best are here. The shows that stand out from most others and do some powerful and new stuff.
8/10 - It's a truly excellent series, and one you should definitely check out.: Shows that are really great fall into this area. They have their flaws, but they're still brilliant and worth the watch.
7/10 - It's almost great and you should watch it.: Stuff that is really good, but not great falls into this range. Definitely still worth watching, but you'll notice it's flaws.
6/10 - It's very good and you should give it a chance.: Stuff that is good, but quite mediocre and nothing new falls into this. It's worth giving it a chance, but it's not guaranteed to be a hit with you.
5/10 - It's okay... Watch it if you feel it's necessary.: Shows that are... Okay fall into here... You can miss it out. You're not missing much.
4/10 - It's pretty bad. It's mediocre.: Nothing much impressive here, and you won't be missing anything spectacular.
3/10 - It's really bad and you should miss it out.: Reserved for some really, truly bad shows. You shouldn't really be watching this but I can't stop you.
2/10 - It's awful, awful, awful. Avoid it.: Reserved for some really horrendous shows with little to no merits. Avoid it like the plague.
1/10 - This shit is truly dreadful. Don't even consider it.: Reserved for shows that are so bad, words can barely describe how awful this shit is. Don't watch under any circumstances.
0/10 - KILL IT. FUCKING KILL IT. WHY DOES THIS SHIT EVEN EXIST?!: Reserved for abominations that are so bad that they can't even be considered anime any more. Some truly evil and horrible shit that you should kill, for if viewed, they will destroy your very soul.