theSentinel's avatar

theSentinel

• Joined Apr 18, 2013

Spice and Wolf

Nov 29, 2013

I have been looking for an anime with a setting like this.  Luckily for me the anime was pretty good too.  I will definitely be watching the second season, but its hard to be motivated to watch it knowing that it doesnt finish the story.  This is also why it cant be a 10 out of 10

Story:  The story easily has enough depth to be a 10/10 anime.  At times the economics were hard to follow unless you go back and give it some thought.  However it all makes sense after you grasp the situations.  I was sad when I found out that the anime and manga ended before the end of the light novel (especially since I spoiled the end of the novel for myself and its a really good ending . . :) . . . .).

Animation: not only meh, but mmmmeeeeh.  The animation was pretty lame, which. . .for an anime like this is fine, since it revolves around the conversations.  The last couple episodes had better transformations and action sequences for Holo, which is why this didnt get a 5 or 6.

Sound:  also very meh, some of the songs seemed out of place.  They fit the setting well enough, just not the situations well at times.  The op and ending theme were fine, and the voice acting was ordinary, Holo was fun to listen to, but this anime didnt really "expect" much from the voice acting so there was nothing to deliver really.  If you want to see the difference in what I mean then go watch Angel Beats.

Characters:  This is another one of those animes where you have to like so many of the characters, even the bad ones (to an extent).  This was the perfect anime to just enjoy the interations between Holo and Lawrence.  It set me in a good mood, hopefully it will do the same for you.  There was pretty good character building, however there were times where the interactions seems awkward, that is why this is not getting a solid 9.

Overall:  rather enjoyable easily worth watching, very different setting.  I value that highly.  Well put together, it had flaws but all animes do, and you become more critical of better animes. . . .mostly :P.  Anyways, I recommend this anime, go check it out, and I hope you guys enjoy it.

9.5/10 story
8.5/10 characters

brabraden says...

"The animation was pretty lame" I definitely disagree just look at beautify crafted backgrounds and the quality never goes down or gets worse so I think it’s more a 9/10

The sound was actually pretty good and it had a great opening song, just as good as that of Angel Aeats. I would give it a 8/10.

Other than that not a bad review!

Apr 17, 2014