theSentinel

Psycho-Pass

28 JUL
2013

wow. . . . wow, if you havent started this one please please PLEASE take a look at it.  Now granted this isnt my only 10 for animes.  But I was extremely pleased with pretty much everything about this anime.  There are some problems (wish some of the characters pasts were explored and the ending was more open then I would like)  but these things are easily overlooked in the wake of the awesomeness that is Psycho Pass.

BEFORE I DO THE BREAKDOWN I WOULD LIKE TO ASK YOU TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR THIS ANIME AND BUY IT.  This will increase the chance for a second season as it is already being considered.

Story: GORGEOUS, right from episode 3 they finish with the intro episodes and move along.  At first you didnt know that this episode meant anything big, but it ends up actually being a small part of the bigger plot.  The plot starts building right from the get go, and then it gets big.  It begins to involve more people in ways that are more crazy.  It was like FMAB plot building all over again.  I loved it.  However, even though the plot is big there is still more to do, so I hope they continue it.

Animation:  GORGEOUS,  they did an amazing job of integrating the 3D effects of the gun and vehicles into the 2D anime style, but even the 2D made you feel like you were right in the middle of the action.  It was on par with Attack on Titan animation epicness.

Sound: GORGEOUS,  the soundtrack was perfect. . . . perfect :)

Characters:  AWESOME, now here is where I wish they showed some of the characters pasts, they only really showed 1 persons and a little of another.  I would have liked to see more about Kagari and Masaouka, and the enforcer girl was kinda personality-less which was annoying, but other than that everything was great.  Every bad guy was sick and twisted, every detective was totally cool.  The character contrast was diverse and fun, and the characters that needed it had huge development.  I always like to see good character developement and this anime integrated it very well into the plot.

Overall:  WOW, the ending was very open but it was still great.  However its open enough to EASILY fit another season in so now they have to do one XD.  WATCH IT, LOVE IT, BUY IT, AND PRAY THAT YOUR SUPPORT GETS ANOTHER SEASON!!!  I am really pumped about this one guys, and there is soooo much more room for a story.  They have to take this further, they are just waiting for the funds to do it.  Thats on us guys and I realize im glorifying the crap out of this anime, but there are hundreds of anime out there and the right ones need to see the support.  I hope this one makes the cut and finishes the story out, maybe with and even happier ending then this one :)

Other Anime Reviews by theSentinel

Juushin Enbu: Hero Tales user review by theSentinel

Juushin Enbu: Hero Tales

Psycho-Pass user review by theSentinel

Psycho-Pass

Yumekui Merry user review by theSentinel

Yumekui Merry

comments

Funkgun avatar Funkgun
Oct 29, 2013

I'm sold!  Sounds like a worthy title to see =)